Any user friendly tutorials to get from 2.1 to 2.3?

mtdroid22

Nov 18, 2011
Hi guys. First off thanks to all who have posted helpful and clear help/steps to rooting the 7015. I now want to attempt to take 7015 to 2.3. I have joined kyros tablet zone but that site isn't very noob friendly. I can follow instructions. I just need a clear, concise tutorial to follow. Anyone here gone to 2.3 from stock 2.1 and if so can u share how u did it? Thanks in advance.

Asgard

Sep 22, 2011
Download and install the drivers for FWDN and ADB USB from this link:
STEP#1 - DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL - ANDROID USB DRIVERS | WIN | ADB | VTC

Download the rar file from this thread and follow the folder steps:

After you install the drivers connect your tablet to your PC and select USB connected from the notification bar and turn on USB storage. If you loaded your drivers correctly your computer should be able to read your SD Card and your nand drive. Turn off USB storage and shut down your tablet. Unplug it from the usb cable and get into FWDN mode by pressing the Power + Home buttons until the blue message saying you are in FWDN mode appears. Connect the usb cable to your tablet again.

Unrar the folder you downloaded. You should see 12 folders named Steps 1 - 12.

Open the step 1 folder and start FWDN.

Open the step 2 folder and load the three files into FWDN. Look near the bottom of the FWDN gui and you should see a drop down list with Default download selected. Click on the list and select Low format whole memory before download. Click Start.

If things go correctly you should have succesfully updated to 2.3.1. If you are getting a NAND data disk size is not matched error, I would suggest replacing the Nand data.fai file with the Nand data.fai file located in the Step 3 folder and then click on Start again. That should hopefully resolve that issue.

If you didnt get any errors, go ahead and replace the Nand data.fai file with the one in the Step 3 folder and click start. Its supposed to be an update to the .fai file from step 2.

After that you just go through each step folder and select the .cmd scripts.

mtdroid22

Nov 18, 2011
Thanks for reply Asgard but the link to KTZ just goes to login screen. What's the name of the .rar I'm supposed to look for?

Asgard

Sep 22, 2011
Sorry. Just log in when you click that link and youll be redirected to that thread with the rar file.