Anyone get a bluetooth tether working with your tab and phone?

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
Hoping someone has found an app that works with the acer a100. I tried pdanet for tablets and it didn't work with my droidx. Don't know if it's the app or my phone. Anyone have success with it? Or a different tether app?

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

mrbodywork

Sep 24, 2011
I tried the PDA for tablets beta app with my iconia 500a and my Droid x. Set up went great, they discovered each other, connected, then when I tried to browse I got the message saying I had to launch and there was no network. I do not want to root either since I am not tech savy.
Am I correct to say that my only option is to get a different phone when I am eligible for an upgrade in April? Can I tether via my USB port? If so which app works with honeycomb? I appreciate any and all responses
Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

midiot

Dec 10, 2011
I got my Tab to pair with my Samsung Galaxy S phone, but couldn't get them to connect. I finally discovered that besides turning on bluetooth, I had to turn on "Mobile AP" on the phone (Mobile Access Point). Once I did that, I had my tether and it works great. Not as fast as WiFi, but I can use it anywhere there is no WiFi. That setting is not on all phones or carriers, though. I'm with T-mobile.

bitter_beard

Nov 28, 2011
I have CM7 on my HTC Aria and after configuring the wireless hotspot and turning it on, my tab connects immediately and performs well at 3G speeds.

Sent from my A100 using Android Tablet Forum

Mbarz

Dec 27, 2011
I have also tried to get the bluetooth to work on my 100, but still have not figured out why it is not connected. I have the Samsung Gusto phone with data plan. It is paired with the phone but it comes up that is not connected and there is nothing under profile. Anybody have any idea why this does not connect. I am new to this tablet so I might be missing something.

grod777

Dec 26, 2011
I have tried pairing with my Droid Pro. It says paired but not connected. The manual for the A100 states that the only bluetooth device that is compatible is A2DP headsets without a microphone. I am very interested how those of you that have gotten it to pair did so.
I tried turning on mobile hotspot on my phone, but that did not work.