Anyone have a Coby Kyros 7015?

jrsharp21

Jan 31, 2011
Hehe...I did. It is sitting in my closet right now.

I will let her mess around with her iPad for a few days, then I will bust out the Coby. :)

InFamoUs

Dec 27, 2010
I purchased a Coby Kyros for myself so i could test codes and play some casual media and I am loving it

Sent from my Coby Kyros using Tapatalk

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Just got mine today. I'm loving it for the price. Hard to beat. Not perfect or an IPad but it sure is fun!

scole10

Feb 20, 2011
The tablet charges via USB? I am assuming only via a special cord? I am not clear on your statement. How is this accomplished, and do you have a model number for this cord, or a place I can go look at one. I would love to be able to charge this device via USB.

After reading this post I discovered I could charge my Coby with the same USB cord I used to charge an old Palm...Tungsten I think. Seems to be working.

PigletB

May 5, 2011
there's a red led on the bottom of the device in between the usb and hdmi ports. it will turn green when the unit is fully charged.

Mine's already green after 10 minutes plugged in. But when I push the power button, it doesn't light up. I just bought the device, and has not charged before. Wonder if this is the
poor quality that Coby has reputation for.

Smee

Apr 2, 2011
Did you hold power for 5 seconds? Did you try the reset button on the back of the unit then try powering up?

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum

Keysys

Jun 14, 2011
Hi! I´m new with all this android/tablet thing. I has just acquired a Coby Kyros 7015 (it was a present), and I have a simply question:
How long does it need to be fully charged?
Because I felt it took ages to do so.
Maybe mine isn´t charging correctly? That´s why I decided to ask you this question!
Thanks!

Last edited:

rossjhsn

Dec 28, 2010
Yes, Nook, Kindle, Ereader, Aldiko all install fine. Ross

Sent from my Gpad701 using Android Tablet Forum

chri150

Jun 20, 2011
I heard SD and SDHC is the same thing except SDHC just holds more then 4GB the HC stands for high quality

jessajandro

Dec 24, 2011
I got one for christmas, and tried to download apps from appslib, inserted a memory stick into it, and everytime i try to instal an app, it says download unsuccesful, please make sure you have enough free space and try again. there is nothing on the memory device and nothing saved on the tablet itself..i even checked in the settings, and it shows how much free space i have. it will not let me have any apps. its a pre-owned tablet, my boyfriend bought it off my friend, and we called her, and she said there was a thing in the settings you have to press that it will allow you to download applications, but we cannot find anything other than the allow installation of non-market applications... can anyone help me?:(