App for Writing and Compiling code (c++/python/c#/etc) on Android?

Jun 26, 2011
My girlfriend just bought an ASUS Transformer and I really wanted to but I am a programmer and the only reason I would get it would be to replace my laptop for school and program (lightly) using said tablet. Are there any known compilers out for android? or maybe a workaround?

Caravelle

Jun 29, 2011
My girlfriend just bought an ASUS Transformer and I really wanted to but I am a programmer and the only reason I would get it would be to replace my laptop for school and program (lightly) using said tablet. Are there any known compilers out for android? or maybe a workaround?

Google "BASIC4Android" and check it out - you can get a trial version. This is a version of BASIC4PPC which I have successfully used on a Windows Mobile PDA: there are additional libraries, including one to create and deal with sqlite databases. Also a very active and helpful forum. For a PDA with small screen you really have to use the PC-desktop version to program properly, as there just isn't enough room otherwise to see what you're doing, but I imagine with a 10" Asus screen (and I'm planning on getting one myself) it should be a lot more practical.

Remember to pay more attention to your girlfriend than to her tablet, or you may find access to both is withdrawn !

Caravelle

Jun 26, 2011
Thanks. I'm also going to try out "c4droid" or something. I'm only testing out her tablet to see if I should get one.....hopefully I won't just fall in love with it and forget about her.