Apple Just Opened Fire On Samsung Again with New Lawsuits Against SGS2 & 9 More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
apple-samsung-pic-new-lawsuit.jpg

Just when it started to look like Apple was on a losing streak and their lawsuits were starting to die down, now they have fired another "salvo" in court at Samsung. This time they are claiming "patent infringement" (what else) against the Samsung Galaxy SII, the Galaxy S Plus and eight other handsets. This new volley was filed in Dusseldorf Regional Court which was the same place that Apple targeted (and failed against) the Galaxy Tab 10.1N.

It really seems almost irrational to see them harangue Samsung this way. At what point will enough be enough for Apple? We will keep you apprised as more details emerge.

Source: Engadget

Last edited:
J

jimbo7630

Has Apple really got bottomless pockets, or will it take a class action to finally make them cease and desist?

juhni

Dec 5, 2011
There just trying plays from Microsoft's old Playbook. If you can't compete sue. Only problem is the people there suing have enough money and lawyers to fight back. I think apple is seeing history repeat itself again. Anyone remember how apple was once a force in the PC world.

ideos s7 running tri-zet v3

jimmyt

Jul 19, 2010
Since Apple is taking the same path as Microsoft in going after anyone and anything I am steering clear of anything from Apple Computers which includes I tunes. I think it is a sin that they can never sit down with a company and work out deals instead of tying up our judicial system. It will be the third undoing of Apple.

jimmyt

Jul 19, 2010
Juhni,

I have been setting up networks, repairing and selling Hardware and software since before Apple and Microsoft. When Trammel talked Jobs into giving out Lisa, that was the beginning of their biggest push. They never came close to factoring in the world of PC ever. At their best it was still less then 12% worldwide ( which is still no small feat for a tiny company). By PC standards Apple is still a smaller fraction. Jobs killed it with closed architecture, and Microsoft, while a Massive share is still not the only player. Unix, Linux are still what keeps networks functioning. Apple Has been fined so many times for misleading the public here, and abroad it is second nature to the to put fourth misleading information, due to the fines being lower then the profits. They never had more speed, Memory or software then anyone else, and yet still kept their prices double or better for their profits. Jobs copied the first Compaq integrated computers (inside monitor), and called them first, They always were one half step behind hardware but tried to tout it as new. So they were able to sell to the uneducated in the computer world with the same Rhetoric that is actually

Woz was a genius, and Jobs had to be bailed out By Gates, not that many years ago, when Apple collapsed. He had a vision of the killer app, so he was on the right trac,k but he was always less then honest and greedy, and that is what kept him back. To bad.

But Apple was never ever close to being a serious contender in the computer world. It used to be sad at the huge computer shows rarely would you see an Apple dealer and one time they showed up in Boston at the huge convention, and it was like the Maytag repairman, No one went to them.