Are there alternative launchers available? Are they worth it?

RandyB

Dec 7, 2011
Lately I've become a big fan of the Go Launcher EX. It runs pretty good on the tablet, it gives the ability to organize the app drawer nicely, and there are frequent updates. My next choice after that would be Launcher Pro (paid version). My only big issue with Launcher Pro is that the developer is not putting out any upgrades. I think he's working on his next project.

Mojorising

Dec 30, 2011
I have installed the Zeam Launcher and like it. I finally tweaked it today after 2 weeks of having to select the app grid button to do whatever I wanted.

I am 1 step away from being done tweaking so can anyone tell me how to set a photo as my wallpaper? When I hit the menu button and select the wallpaper option it says "No application can perform this action."

When I try to hit the menu section of a picture in the gallery it only allows me to set a contact photo.

When I try to select a photo off the web through Dolphin Browser it allows the command but never sets a wallpaper.

briman4031

Dec 23, 2011
Download the backgrounds app from the android market. For some reason it seems to work when you apply bgs from it. You may have to restart but they should show up after applying from that app.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

IMA_210

Dec 20, 2011
If using launcher pro, you can restart only the launcher to change the backgrounds. Instead of restarting the tab. Menu -> preferences ->restart launcher pro.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
I have installed the Zeam Launcher and like it. I finally tweaked it today after 2 weeks of having to select the app grid button to do whatever I wanted.

I am 1 step away from being done tweaking so can anyone tell me how to set a photo as my wallpaper? When I hit the menu button and select the wallpaper option it says "No application can perform this action."

When I try to hit the menu section of a picture in the gallery it only allows me to set a contact photo.

When I try to select a photo off the web through Dolphin Browser it allows the command but never sets a wallpaper.
At this point I am guessing you have pictures on your tablet you wish to use as wallpapers.
Normal procedure for applying wallpaper is to long press a empty spot on the screen and a menu will show up, wallpaper should be an option, select it and chose a wallpaper. select set.
Sadly this does not apply to the Vizio tablet, either before or after installing a new launcher, the following updated directions will do it for you though, just remember that the new wallpaper will not take effect until you restart the tablet.
Ok, I have your answer. I have the VTAB1008 probably the same thing you have since the 3010 is not out yet.
I also have the VTL.Launcher installed. So we should be on the same page.
Download this app https://market.android.com/details?id=com.twistedapps.wallpaperwizardrii&hl=enhttps://market.android.com/details?id=com.twistedapps.wallpaperwizardrii&hl=en
Open it, select your picture, you can crop, scale etc. Then set it as your wallpaper. Go back to your screen and VIOLA you still have the same old wallpaper?
No problem, Turn your tablet off. Now turn it back on. When it loads up and you unlock the screen you should see your new wallpaper.
This really is a sweet tablet for the price, but because of the way Vizio set it up it has some quirks. Nothing that can't be worked around. Like this wallpaper issue, it just takes a restart for the new wallpaper to be made active.

Last edited: