Arnova 7 G2 not playing avi video

brightangeluk

Nov 7, 2011
I bought an Arnova 7 G2 tablet. It had a demo video in avi format that played. When I put another avi video from my computer, it would not run. What do i need to make them work.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
An AVI file is just a file extension. It does not mean that an AVI is an AVI is an AVI. The better question is what codec is the AVI you are trying to play. Archos can play many different AVI codecs but not all. I play DIVX codecs just fine. I would suggest you download a conversion app to play your movies. I use HandBrake and DIVX converter for my Archos. There are many other converters.

Just remember even if you see mpg mp4 or AVI does not mean it will play on everything.

michal

Dec 24, 2011
this one the one of the best tablet. One of my friend using this. but he doesn't discuss about such problems.
but as i understand about your problem, it is not a big issue.
you can change the file format of your video in that particular video that your device support means Arnova 7 G2.
ya but you have to use any good converter to convert your video. make sure before changing the format of your video that you have a backup copy of the video.
you can use Handbrake solution to convert your video file format. to do so you can perform handbrake download.

Hope your video play with your device.
Thanks..

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Android/PC safety tip of the day. Before using an unknown source such as the one listed. It is always better to get it directly from the source. This is the actual Handbrake Link

HandBrake

this one the one of the best tablet. One of my friend using this. but he doesn't discuss about such problems.
but as i understand about your problem, it is not a big issue.
you can change the file format of your video in that particular video that your device support means Arnova 7 G2.
ya but you have to use any good converter to convert your video. make sure before changing the format of your video that you have a backup copy of the video.
you can use Handbrake solution to convert your video file format. to do so you can perform handbrake download.

Hope your video play with your device.
Thanks..

dag1167

Mar 15, 2012
My son bought the device for his daughter together with a 32GB SD card. I have an Archos 48 and thought that it would be straight forward to copy avi files from my PC. No such luck. It does not recognise AVI. Then I discovered that if you convert DVD into MPEG4 format you can then drag and drop to the device. I always use Aimersoft the transfer DVD's.
I hope this helps
Dave