Asus TF300T problems

daft101

Aug 13, 2013
Hello all. So, as my username suggests, my tablet has me feeling completely daft now, though that might also have something to do with not being able to sleep for two days.

So... I was searching for a movie online ... I ran into a couple of sites, one had a reasonable sor of rental arrangements, but the files were opening but only playing the audio portion. So, I started looking for a conversion program. Meanwhile "Candy Crush Saga" has popped up just a few too many times this morning and I am searching for a good malware program(s) to address THAT issue as well. Somehow my tablet became (am certain it is 100% operator error) confused and began trying to open the malware program with Real Player. Now, I did not download Real Player, and to be perfectly honest, I have no idea if it has been there the entire time I have had the tablet or not. The big trouble is that it continues to try to open this exe file with Real Player. Yep, I have tried uninstalling Real Player, and Now I just get a message that it cannot open the file at all.

The Malware program I'd found was malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

Anyone with any stunning suggestions? And, on the off chance that it should matter in the slightest, I am hooked up to my mobile hotspot (via Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 and PDA net+).

Ref the maddening Candy Crush Saga, I've found some information that it may actually BE malware or some sort of virus. I've written to Google Play,
king.com who makes the bloody game, my lookout program ... and anyone else that I imagine might know that very simple setting that I am most assuredly staring at directly.

So, "Hello, all!" And thank you in advance for ANY help at all with this. The absolutely brilliant news is that I have the sort of insurance on the tablet that means that I can, in fact, become so frustrated that I run over the tablet with my car and they will have to give me a new one when I hand them the remains.

please help?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum
The first and foremost problem I see is that you downloaded an EXE file. EXE files are PC files not Android files, you need to delete that software as it won;t do anything for you at all. That's probably why RP is trying to open it as it is confused. If yoiu want anti virus/malware apps you need to get them from the Google Store. For now, install AVG free and get it to scan your system.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello daft, congratulations on your Asus tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!