Asus Transformer vs Transformer Prime

mourningdusk

Jan 5, 2012
I have the asus transformer now, was thinkng about upgrading to the Transformer prime. Have read online that there have been problems with the Prime, i am semi new to android(was an apple faithful for a long time),and was just looking for opinions, would it be worth it? thanks

G37

Jan 3, 2012
I think its definitely worth it. You're practically getting 2.50 more CPU power, great battery life, and a soon-to-be ICS experience. Big problems have been spotty GPS and WiFi, but those issues are far and few between.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
It all depends on what you want to use your tablet for, how badly you want the latest tech and how deep your pockets are.

I have a TF101 and do not plan to update unless I get a deal (less than $400 for the 32 GB) unit. If you use it for lots of 3D gaming then the Prime is the way to go. I can do almost anything I want on my TF101. The things I cannot do (such as real photoshop editing of my DSLR photos) cannot be done on the Prime any different than the OG TF.

1080p video? No sweat.

As for the issues, I know countless Prime owners that are not having any major GPS or WiFi issues that are worth complaining about. I only takes one rotten apple to ruin the entire bushel.

Do I want a Prime? Heck Yeah! Can I justify it now? No.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I always have believed in getting the best you can afford, so really if you can, get the Prime. As far as ICS I would bet the original Transformer will get ICS very shortly after the Prime.
I do agree that there is no compelling reason to upgrade from the original to the Prime until you can get a good deal on one. I probably will eventually.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk