best buy couldnt wait?

blastradius14

Apr 23, 2011
so ive been tracking the price of these gadgets on bestbuy and it was looking so hopeful, id have the money to have one in a month or so, and all of a sudden they are just gone from bb. blah! it was looking very good at 249 hehe

RoyEP3

Feb 3, 2011
Really? It's gone?? Well I don't know about online, but I was just at Best Buy yesterday and they still had it in store. Didn't check the price, but u might want to get one while they still have it.

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
Not on the site anymore either. Just did a shopping google search, had a link to it for BB, but was returned with "Page not found."

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
It seems I remember BestBuy has some sort of Clearance center, maybe the tablet will show up there at a good discount?

Fendogz

Feb 3, 2011
Just went on to the bestbuy website and they have the s7-102w and it has 2.2 and HDMI. Could this be the Slim?

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
it says the huawei S7-201W - $299.00. 2.2 android- doesn't specify capacitive or resistive- just touch screen. Listed as backordered.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
They only have 3 pictures on the BestBuy site but one is the back of the device and this is definitely the S7 Slim. Also its weight is about 448g compared to the S7 10x at 500g. That should mean Capacitive Multitouch for the expected US$299
Good news I would say

Tom

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
The image on the BB product page definitely looks like the slim!

2502034_sb.jpg

Looks like it's finally here...though I'll just we waiting for a higher end tablet this fall since I'm so satisfied with the S7 orig.

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
Estimated arrive date if ordered: 05/07-05/19/2011

So they should be getting it in stores by end of month or beginning of next! I'm still going to wait till later in the year to buy a new one. See how it does.

RoyEP3

Feb 3, 2011
Although I'm happy to see the slim arrive, I'm bitter that the original S7 went through an entire shelf life without ever getting accessories. I say sorry Huawei, your lack of support is mutual.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I personally don't see a need to upgrade, I'm pretty happy with my S7 as it is, although I would love a bigger battery. Still I think my next tablet will be run Honercomb. Problem so far is I like the 7" form factor, so I will have to wait to see what hits the market. Possibly the HTC Flyer if it gets the promised Honeycomb this summer, I love the idea of a digitizer.

Tom

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
Although I'm happy to see the slim arrive, I'm bitter that the original S7 went through an entire shelf life without ever getting accessories. I say sorry Huawei, your lack of support is mutual.

Supposedly it got accessories in the PRC, but those never made it here. There were some pictures of a nice case here on the site, but the poster said he couldn't get hold of cases without the tablet.

Still, I get your point. Hopefully the Slim will come with accessories that will fit the old S7 too.

Entropy

Dec 24, 2010
Agreed. Indonesia got a 2.2 update, US customers got "here, buy the new model".

If the 2.2 S7 update fixes the radio issues I have when outside of my home area (I'll know next week), Huawei might possibly get a second chance, but not with this device. If it doesn't - no more Huawei for me, guaranteed.

Woodfiend

Nov 28, 2010
I stopped by Best Buy tonight to buy the Asus Transformer (which they didn't have any in stock) and I saw they still have the S7 original on display for $249 with the screen protectors for it nearby...... So it may pay to check individual stores if anyone is still looking to buy one.

overclockedi7

Apr 25, 2011
Did u grab that asus transformer yet ? how is it? how does the plastic case feel ? I heard bad reviews cuz of it, cuz I actually was also looking at that but went with this tablet instead in this case because of the casing.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum