best working rom so far

Discussion in 'Nook Color Technical' started by ck1, Jun 9, 2011.

1. ck1

ck1 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color
    what seems to be the best working ROM right now.

2. LocalStain

LocalStain Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color CM7n, HTC Aria CM7 RC1, Cr-48 Test Pilot,
    [​IMG]

That is a difficult question, for even the most educated of Nook Color users, as it is very subjective.

I run CM7 nightlies (currently on #94 with Dal's oc kernal) and aside from some minor WIFI issues and the occasional SOD I think it's the best thing going. The latest nightlies are based on the 2.6.32 kernal.

Battery life, as I have mentioned in other posts is just insane, video is buttery smooth, bluetooth, the tablet tweaks are one of the best UI implementations I've seen for a custom ROM, the new "slide status bar" for brightness comes in at a close second.

I've had some issues with Netflix but that's really not much of an issue for me. That's what the 32in LCD is for, right?:rolleyes:

All around I just love CyanogenMod. I have had it on my Aria for almost a year and it just keeps getting better and better.

Just my $.02, like I said very subjective. I think J515OP has a post listing all the ROM's current up to about a month ago if I can find it I will post the link.

Cheers,

Local

3. chris30673

chris30673 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color
    I am still on CM7 stable 7.02 and have no real reason to upgrade from that point. It does everything I want to do.

4. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member

Tablet / Device:
    Archos 70 250 GB, Nook Color, Motorola Droid2Global, Droid 1
    I currently Have UltimateDroid 3.3.0 as stated in my sig, and I'm also running ADW Ex, as it seems to be the quickest/most responsive Home Replacement.