Calendar erased!

kumkwatts

Jul 6, 2012
Please help. Turned it on for the day and the entire calendar is erased. Contacted Asus and they said do a factory reset. Anybody have a better suggestion? Thanks!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi kumkwatts and welcome to the forum,

Was it a calendar that was syncing with Google calendar? If so, can you still access the calendar through a browser and is the information still there?

kumkwatts

Jul 6, 2012
It was set on autosync with Google calendar. We can retrieve some of the information... which doesn't make sense. Why is some of it still there and where is the rest? Thanks.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It was set on autosync with Google calendar. We can retrieve some of the information... which doesn't make sense. Why is some of it still there and where is the rest? Thanks.

I'm just a little confused. Are you saying your tablet can only get some of the information from the WEB calendar but you can see all on the WEB side? Were you using more than one calendar on Google WEB?

kumkwatts

Jul 6, 2012
Sorry. On the tablet, the calendar is completely empty. We only entered calendar information on the tablet. When this erasure happened, we checked online (hotmail) and found some of the calendar information, but the majority is gone. We then tried to manually sync the Asus to the web (even though there are events on the hotmail calendar) the Asus yields nothing.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I wish I could be more help but I don't use the Hotmail calendar. It is strange that it would just disappear like that. There is probably an explanation but I have no ideas left. Sorry.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
On the right hand side of the calendar app, there are names of the calendars (and accounts). Make sure these are selected to show/hide the events from the calendar.

kumkwatts

Jul 6, 2012
We did that initially. It showed everything as being selected. Now the widget on our landing page does not show the icon that allows you to add events... however when I entered the program I was able to add an event. Why can't I sync it and it re-add all the deleted information?