Calendar on Coby Kyros 7022

avic77

Feb 7, 2011
Maybe im just computer stupid but I can't get my Calendar to woork... I tried adding some from app store but they all do the same thing. When I go to add an event it says : No Calendars
You have no calendars.

I dont understand what i need to do to HAVE a calendar? I downloaded Simple Calendar Widget

nagahtom

Mar 26, 2011
If your calendar app can't find your calendars, check and see if you have GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk in /system/app directory.

That's how I fixed it.

glaeken

Jun 24, 2011
If your calendar app can't find your calendars, check and see if you have GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk in /system/app directory.

That's how I fixed it.

I assume yours was missing, and you pushed a copy from another source to /system/app via ADB?

avic77

Feb 7, 2011
i called coby. Seems this is an issue. Coby has some kind of server sync calendar thing not google sync. They told me to google a search for a caledar... DUH
I still need help. If i get that GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk will i be able to sync my google calendar and have a widget work?

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
I don't know about Google calendar...but my 8024 tablet had no problem with my work EXCHANGE calender.

I would like to get a simple maybe even 'stand alone' calender. Something I could use for family birthdays, adversities, etc. Is there one or are people using Google.

sorry about the slight hijack....but I may be interested in Google calender also.

avic77

Feb 7, 2011
Mine has the Exchange thing too.. Coby told me its "usless" for the typical consumer. WTH is up with that! If they know then whyy not put something USEFUL in.
If someone can walk me through the GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk thing I will be soo extremely grateful!!!! I got a tablet as a personal organizer type thing. I need to access Word, Excel, my Calendar, etc.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Mine has the Exchange thing too.. Coby told me its "usless" for the typical consumer. WTH is up with that! If they know then whyy not put something USEFUL in.
If someone can walk me through the GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk thing I will be soo extremely grateful!!!! I got a tablet as a personal organizer type thing. I need to access Word, Excel, my Calendar, etc.

Avic your going to have to root your tablet. I just got it working in under 30 secs by moving that apk to the system folder but you have to be rooted to do that.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
Can you see the system folder if you plug into a PC?? or can you do a temp root just to move the apk??

avic77

Feb 7, 2011
I found a calendar app /widget that will work. its called COZI it looks pretty good

vladytepes

Jun 22, 2011
Hi!
I have followed your advices and today I have bought a kyros 7022. It's great, but I have a problem with calendars too. I can´t sync any calendar. I have an android phone. Could I just copy the file you talk about on my tablet? I would like to know a link to learn how to root the kyros.
Thank you very much

aminwn

Jun 13, 2011
Just copying and pasting GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk and rebooting did not change anything. Tried to install the apk - "not installed".

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Just copying and pasting GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk and rebooting did not change anything. Tried to install the apk - "not installed".

With root explorer in order to paste in the system folder you need to make sure you Mount R/W assuming you are rooted in the first place.