Calendar on Coby Kyros 7022

aminwn

Jun 13, 2011
With root explorer in order to paste in the system folder you need to make sure you Mount R/W assuming you are rooted in the first place.

Yes. Rooted through z4root. R/W (whatever it is) mounted. App is in system/app folder. Still calendar won't synchronize.

bzegil

Jul 16, 2011
Avic your going to have to root your tablet. I just got it working in under 30 secs by moving that apk to the system folder but you have to be rooted to do that.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

I tried everything posted in these forums with no luck, I am rooted and using root explorer, every copy of GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk and GoogleContactSyncAdapter.apk that I've tried so far does not seem to work. I have it copied to /system/app and also tried to install the .apk but always get the message "not installed". If anyone has a working copy please post. I need my Calendar, the contacts I could do without.

Classpro

Jul 26, 2011
Just ordered my Coby and read this thread. It's giving me second thoughts. I hope we can get calendar and contacts to sync.

On another forum for another tablet, I read that you not only have to copy the APK files to the right place with root explorer, but you have to change the permissions. Here are instructions. You might try this and see if it works:

"mount as r/w, then long press on each file (the .apk and the .odex files), and then select permissions. Make sure to check read for user,group,others and write for user, everything else should be unchecked. If not, change and press ok. After that, reboot the tablet and the app should work."

Are the calendar and contacts apks different for android 2.2 and android 2.3? If not, I probably have the apks on one of my other tablets to try (when my coby comes).

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Just ordered my Coby and read this thread. It's giving me second thoughts. I hope we can get calendar and contacts to sync.

On another forum for another tablet, I read that you not only have to copy the APK files to the right place with root explorer, but you have to change the permissions. Here are instructions. You might try this and see if it works:

"mount as r/w, then long press on each file (the .apk and the .odex files), and then select permissions. Make sure to check read for user,group,others and write for user, everything else should be unchecked. If not, change and press ok. After that, reboot the tablet and the app should work."

Are the calendar and contacts apks different for android 2.2 and android 2.3? If not, I probably have the apks on one of my other tablets to try (when my coby comes).

I've gotten calendar to work. Just pushed it to the app folder with root explorer. Its not a perfect tablet.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum