Can not get WIFI service on my Galaxy 10.1 tablet running Ice Cream Sandwich

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1' started by pwhitson, May 22, 2012.

1. pwhitson

pwhitson Member

About18 months ago I rooted my Samsung Epic 4 and have had no problems using it as a hot spot for my computers.
    Last Friday after much debate I decided that I would purchase a tablet and selected the new Galaxy 10.1 with Ice Cream Sandwich. The problem is that the
    Tablet does NOT see the WIFI signal from the Epic 4. I went back to Best Buy and they too could not get it to work even on another Samsung Tablet. I then walked over to the IPAD display and was able to find the WIFI single from the EPIC 4 on the IPAD 3. So I believe there is something within Ice Cream Sandwich that is blocking the WIFI signal from my phone. The Geek Squad recommended that I use a different WIFI app. The one that I have been using that works GREAT is "Wireless Tether" 2.0.7. I tried several other WIFI apps with no success. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? If not I will be forced to return the Android tablet and purchase the Apple. :(

2. Frederuco

Frederuco Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    ASUS TF101
    Welcome to the forum!

I believe the issue is that most ICS tablets cannot see ad-hoc access points.

You could always try a bluetooth tether (I am pretty sure both of your devices support bluetooth). I have also heard a few people using FoxFi to tether with decent luck.

3. Sue7M3

Sue7M3 Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color (Rooted)
    You might try posting in the Galaxy Tab 2 section. This is for the original Galaxy Tab 10.1 which does not yet have ICS.