Can't Copy Files From PC to Android Tablet

iditarod656

Jul 31, 2015
Hi all,

I have a dragon touch 10.1" tablet. I have a usb thumb drive of 8 gb. I have an otg cable.
I know it works, I already connected a microphone with it.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get the tablet to recognize the thumb drive, so that
I can just copy files from the drive to the tablet.

I've already tried several file management apps, including one that has it's very own usb
driver plugin.

I have an sd card that is 32 gb in size. It's in the tablet.

It has android 4+ something on it.

I need something really easy. With icon pictures. pictures with names.

Please advise.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
If you're going to copy those files to the SD card, it might be easier to put the SD card into a computer. Then move the card to your tablet after copying the files.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have 2 possible suggestion besides the obvious one @Spider suggested. In settings storage see if it offers to mount the thumb drive.

In the app store there is an app called AirDroid that would let you manage the files over your local network

iditarod656

Jul 31, 2015
Thank you leeshor, but I don't want to pay a monthly fee. I guess an adapter for my sd card. Thanks everyone.

I think it's ridiculous that I have to do that, but at least it's possible.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I don't use Windows so can't see or understand the problem, on Linux computer plugin the thumb drive to computer, plug in device with sdcard installed to computer transfer data from thumb drive to sdcard that's in the device.

So your computer can't see both the thumb drive and the sdcard that's in the tablet at the same time?

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

iditarod656

Jul 31, 2015
I installed that very same app. amd when I tried to transfer files, got a message saying I'd have to upgrade to paid service to be able to do it.

loadeddiapers

Aug 8, 2015
You can just connect the tablet to laptop right? That way you don't need any adapater for SD card. I always do this when I want to copy files from
my PC to my android phone/ta blet. It will show you both internal storage and external SD card and you can just use the usual copy and paste method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk