Can't See Android on PC via USB

tgtd

May 3, 2011
I was using my android usb cable to transfer files from my PC with no problem. The directions on the android (2.2) tablet said to eject SD card before disconnecting from PC but at the time I did not know what that meant. Now I do. But the problem is that after disconnecting the cable, the SD card recognition is frozen and I cannot see the android on the PC as a drive any longer. What can I do the make the PC see the android as a drive again?:p

tgtd

May 3, 2011
Well, since no one helped me, I was able to help myself. I found the problem. The Android tablet that I have came from China and is an imx51_bbg-eng 2.2. I kept fooling around with it until I found the fix. I case anyone else out there is having that problem, do the following: Select the "settings" icon, and in settings select the "applications" option in the menu. Then you will get another menu with "development (set options for application development)". Select that, and then make sure that USB debugging is checked (the check lights up green). Also, make sure "allow mock locations" is also checked. The debugging will allow your computer to see the device as a drive. When you finish, make sure you select the device which will be seen as a removable drive on your PC and then right click and select "eject" before you turn off your USB in your android and before you remove your cable from the PC. Also, if you use the stylus that comes with your device, you will find that it works much better on the touch screen than your finger does.

anbiggles

Jan 24, 2012
hallo tgtd
maybe nobody helped you, but you certainly helped me!
thanks for the advice, I did what you said, and it worked.
well done and thanks again

biggles

Glendroid

Feb 5, 2013
Hi there,
I have had the same problem, only I have never been able to see the tablet as a drive on my PC.
I have checked the settings on the tablet and checked the boxes you describe (Allow mock locations AND USB debugging) to no avail. There is still no tablet drive on the PC, although the PC makes a noise when I plug the tablet USB in.
I'm using a Cloudnine Neuropad Ultra. I didn't have this issue with a Google Nexus of the same PC.
Please help.
G