Case from Amazon UK

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
Hi ALL,

There was a thread in the main A500 forum that mentioned this case from Amazon UK, so I decided to make a new thread about it here in the Accessories forum.

I think one or two people have actually ordered and/or gotten one and I would ask them to please share their purchase experience with us and if possible post some pictures. Based on the two pictures on the Amazon UK web site it looks pretty good.

Navitech Black Executive Premium Leather Flip Carry: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Thanks,
Gerry

dhornick

May 12, 2011
Thanks monteca! Just placed my order now, I wish it was eligible for amazon prime but oh well hopefully it comes soon.

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011

Hi monteca500,

Yes, I saw that also, but I think it still ships from the UK. I think the price via Amazon UK is a little cheaper and if its in stock at Am UK, which it says it is, I think it may arrive sooner. I want to check on the Riot Outfitters case and if that's not available I'll probably be ordering one of these cases.

Gerry

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
Of course this one's now available ... I just placed my order for a Kindle case this past weekend! <sigh> Now to get the other one and think about returning it for this one ...

edit:
I just did a search for it and I found it here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...?ie=UTF8&qid=1306951198&sr=8-50&condition=new

It's Amazon US ... and $29.99 in lieu of 34.99 ... same brand and everything.

I am satisfied that it wasn't available when I searched for it a few days ago! I think I will order this one ... and return the other one after it gets here. It even has a slot for the MicroSD card!

Last edited:

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
Of course this one's now available ... I just placed my order for a Kindle case this past weekend! <sigh> Now to get the other one and think about returning it for this one ...

edit:
I just did a search for it and I found it here:
Amazon.com: Used and New: Navitech Black Executive Premium Leather Flip Carry Case With Adjustable Stand For The Acer Aspire ICONIA TAB A500 10.1 inch PC Tablet Device 32GB Android 3.0 Honeycomb

It's Amazon US ... and $29.99 in lieu of 34.99 ... same brand and everything.

I am satisfied that it wasn't available when I searched for it a few days ago! I think I will order this one ... and return the other one after it gets here. It even has a slot for the MicroSD card!

If you buy it through Amazon US, it is $29.99 plus $4.49 shipping = $34.48. Also, from the listing at Amazon US: "Ships from United Kingdom." So it is the same item and still will ship from the UK and is about the same price as ordering from Am UK.

I was ready to order one but a few of us just got an e-mail from Riot Outfitters and that case IS available from them for only $19.99. But you can't order from their web site and may not even be able to use a credit card yet. You may have to send a check (what's that??!!). I'm just about to call them and may place an order today. Their case does NOT have an opening for the SD slot but I don't think I'll need it and I think the case looks better without the opening!

Gerry

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
If you buy it through Amazon US, it is $29.99 plus $4.49 shipping = $34.48. Also, from the listing at Amazon US: "Ships from United Kingdom." So it is the same item and still will ship from the UK and is about the same price as ordering from Am UK.

I was ready to order one but a few of us just got an e-mail from Riot Outfitters and that case IS available from them for only $19.99. But you can't order from their web site and may not even be able to use a credit card yet. You may have to send a check (what's that??!!). I'm just about to call them and may place an order today. Their case does NOT have an opening for the SD slot but I don't think I'll need it and I think the case looks better without the opening!

Gerry

I saw the same post and debated the same thing. I do plan on doing some photo editing on the MicroSD card my DSLR camera uses ... as soon as there is a decent true photo editing software for Android. I may not use that slot ALL the time ... but it will be enough that it will be annoying if I have to remove the tablet to use it. For the extra $10 I'll get one that fits my needs (and still save $10 over the crap that Acer is selling!)

I haven't said it yet ... thanks for the link ... I think I'll be quite happy with this one!

shdw03

May 11, 2011
Dont think its the exact same case by pdair, but close. There is another difference, the $35 offers a screen protector as well.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Android Tablet Forum

spexwood

May 11, 2011
Dont think its the exact same case by pdair, but close. There is another difference, the $35 offers a screen protector as well.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Android Tablet Forum

Navitech uses PDAir's pictures, but Photoshopped them by either recoloring them (easy to do) or removing the logo (also easy).
Also, if you all are talking about the thread on the other a500 forum on this website that begins with a little review and pics... I started it. I dont recommend this case as it is poorly made and is not the same as the pictures listed on those Amazon sites. Plus, the seller is a jerk (doesnt respect or understand customer's needs) and doesnt seem too professional (emails look like they were typed by a 6th grader with tons of spelling and grammar problems).

If anyone is interested, I recommend skimming through the other forum. I gave a review of the case and documented the problems I had with the seller. Other users documented their issues too.
androidtablets.net/forum/acer-iconia-tab-a500-forum/16625-navitech-case-review.html

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

SmoothSnake

May 18, 2011
there has been a lot on the forum about this case and i have one. personally i dont like it for several reasons

- no opening for memory card
- flap that holds the tablet in is poorly designed mytablet slides our of position ALL the time very annoying
- after a few months of use there is already wear on the corners of the case
- magnets that hold the cover shut are weak .. minor isue