Navitech case review

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
Gerry, you hit it; it's the same picture, in reverse perspective. I just refused mine. I'll write them tonight and tell them why.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Hi Raven312,

I didn't even think of refusing it. How was it shipped? Does it end up being delivered by the Post Office? If so they usually just leave the package. Did they just leave the package and did you give it back to the mail carrier the next day? If you refuse it does it go all the way back to the UK?

Gerry

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
Knowing the rooCase is coming out next month, I sent a letter to the Seller:

---
Regarding: Order ID: 105-7142642-XXXXXXX... 1 of Navitech Black Executive Premium Leather Flip Carry Case With Adjustable Stand For The Acer Aspire ICONIA TAB A500 10.1 inch PC Tablet Device.

I hear through the grapevine that the product that you offer is not actually the product pictured. Available memory card slot is a big thing for me. I've already returned one case because that slot did not exist in the case. I would rather not have to return another one (and I will)!

There are more and more cases being offered for this tablet ... eventually somebody will get it right for a reasonable amount of money. I have a simple jacket case that works for "in-use" protection for now.

If the case you are shipping me does not have the hole for the memory card or is not made of "Premium Leather" as promised in the description (plastic, vinyl and pleather are not the same as premium leather) please call back your shipment and refund my account.

Sincerely,

---

I bought mine through the Amazon.com (US site) ... not that it makes a difference I'm sure.

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
Knowing the rooCase is coming out next month, I sent a letter to the Seller:

---
Regarding: Order ID: 105-7142642-XXXXXXX... 1 of Navitech Black Executive Premium Leather Flip Carry Case With Adjustable Stand For The Acer Aspire ICONIA TAB A500 10.1 inch PC Tablet Device.

I hear through the grapevine that the product that you offer is not actually the product pictured. Available memory card slot is a big thing for me. I've already returned one case because that slot did not exist in the case. I would rather not have to return another one (and I will)!

There are more and more cases being offered for this tablet ... eventually somebody will get it right for a reasonable amount of money. I have a simple jacket case that works for "in-use" protection for now.

If the case you are shipping me does not have the hole for the memory card or is not made of "Premium Leather" as promised in the description (plastic, vinyl and pleather are not the same as premium leather) please call back your shipment and refund my account.

Sincerely,

---

I bought mine through the Amazon.com (US site) ... not that it makes a difference I'm sure.

Navitech response:

"My apologies but the case itself does not have an SD card slot. This is an issue we have brought up with our suppliers, who will be amending the next batch of cases. As the case was ordered on the 1st of June it would have been sent out on the 2nd and should be on its way to you now. I can offer a partial refund if you would like to keep the case, or alternatively please let me know if a full refund would be preferable. I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Regards"

I wonder what a "partial refund" would be? Spexwood, where did it ship from? UK? China? (in other words, where would I be shipping it back too?)

As long as my magnets work <crossing fingers> ... to keep the case for what it would cost for me to return it might be ok. I'll have to consider their offer ... after I see the quality for myself.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Mine came via USPS and I needed to sign for it. I marked it "refused", so it will be returned to sender. This was not the correct way to go about it, but I didn't want to be aggravated in the end.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

spexwood

May 11, 2011
Mine came from the UK. but I think the seller is Chinese. I cannot remember where, but I think I saw his name and it sounded Chinese.

I got a full refund today, as well as a final message that irritates me once again, LOL.

I Have fully refunded, I was only trying to help, all this over an sd card
slot in my opinion is stupid, I have not stolen pictures as you so nicely
put it. Please keep the case sorry to have troubled you.

I WANTED to reply again, but I am sick of this guy now. He is just lucky that we were not speaking face to face or else I would have him hunched down in his seat while I stood over him and yelled at him.
HE is stupid and a huge lier, and I think that the claim against him is what made him refund my money this time, as well as me discovering that he stole the pictures (although he won't admit to it and hasn't seen the proof).

I am keeping the review I wrote about this item until he meets the the rest of the conditions I required (change the pics is all that he needs to do yet). I WAS going to add a part in the review about the pictures being stolen from PDAir, but since he beat me to the refund, I do not want to add fuel to the fire as they say. I will, however, keep the claim open on this guy just to see what happens.

So, for anyone having to deal with him, here is what you should do:
1) Send a message to him, requesting a refund because the item does not match the pictures.
2) If he refuses, then file a claim against him, for showing misleading pictures on his sales page

dhornick

May 12, 2011
Well I just checked the Amazon listing again and it says currently unavailable. I wonder what that means for us who already ordered I guess ill have to wait until the end of the delivery estimate which of course is quite long.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
It usually means (in my experience with this kind of case) that Amazon has frozen him while they investigate and that if Amazon finds Spex' claims to be true, they will cancel your order and refund you. It's happened to me twice over the years.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
Well I just checked the Amazon listing again and it says currently unavailable. I wonder what that means for us who already ordered I guess ill have to wait until the end of the delivery estimate which of course is quite long.

I just checked Am US and Am UK, and they both say its available, although on Am UK it says it will be available on 6/21. I think it may take more than one claim on a seller for Amazon to take action. Once I get it unless its somehow different, I plan to immediately contact the seller and demand a full refund and also make a claim to Am UK because of the deceptive pictures.

Gerry

SmoothSnake

May 18, 2011
My case had the same issue. Overall it is not to bad of case, but it is frustrating that the Sd card slot is covered up. The images on the web site are false : (

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
I've received my case ... a couple of weeks earlier than promised. It does not have the MicroSD card opening. It does not have the white stitching. It doesn't smell like plastic ... but it might honestly be leather!

It is easy enough to remove from the case, so I might just deal with the MicroSD slot being covered. They have offered a partial refund to me because I complained before I received it. I will take them up on it.

Overall ... it's not bad quality. It's much nicer than the $40 Acer case. My magnets work. I'm not completely displeased and will not be taking the time, money or effort to return it. If the SD card slot being covered up becomes an issue I will then look for another case. But this just might work long term.

I will try to remember to take pictures of it tonight after I get home from work and my son's baseball game.

SmoothSnake

May 18, 2011
i wrote amazon asking for a 50% refund due to the product not matching the image. Today i received an appology and a credit, so the vendor is willing to stand up and adressing the issue which is great to see. I felt half back was a fair resolution

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
i wrote amazon asking for a 50% refund due to the product not matching the image. Today i received an appology and a credit, so the vendor is willing to stand up and adressing the issue which is great to see. I felt half back was a fair resolution

Did you make a claim with Amazon UK against the vendor or did you just send a message to the Navitech via Amazon?

Gerry