Catatonic Nextbook Premium 8

Motley

Nov 19, 2011
After about 3 weeks Tablet goes into what appears to be an infinite loop on booting. Never gets to home screen.Have tried various suggestions power/home, power/vol+, power/vol- to get into recovery, and the reset makes absolutely no difference. Very irritating. Company has no suggestion except send it back. Problem is I am in my motorhome going around country so no way to get replacement. Am downloading Universal_Uberoid, don't know if this is the solution but will try unless anyone has better suggestion.

As stated is a Nextbook Premium 8, which I realize appears nowhere else here. Android OS 2.3.

Onemean98gt

Dec 30, 2011
Same problem here. Tried getting Android Market installed, rebooted and now it gets stuck at the revolving circle loader, never getting to the home screen. I have tried the same options to get into recovery to no avail. I'm starting to believe that this tablet has no method of recovery. It looks like its no better than a brick at the moment.

bigdragon

Jan 10, 2012
I had the same problem a few days ago. The solution is simple. Try to get into safemode and do a factory reset.

I am not sure how to get into safemode as I did it by accident. I googled and found that it can be done by holding vol+ and power button to power up, or holding the 4 "hard keys" and power button while powering up. The 4 "hard keys" are the touch keys on the black part of the screen.

After the factory reset, all the apps are gone, however data and all contents on the SD card still remain.

marep

Sep 22, 2012
a brick would be more useful. i bought mine for $200. they are going for $80 at big lots now. i bought mine in april 2012. gotta tell ya something. don't buy nextbook. they tell everyone to send them back if theres a problem. be careful- they may be selling or giving them away to big lots, i'd bet they have a warehouse full. it worked great out of the box- bu google anything: you need to know.maybe it has a timing app that messes them up after awhile? i find it strange that their batteries don't last as long as they say & you can't replace it yourself even if you want to. what battery lasts forever? that may be where they get you. buy our product for way too much $ & if you have a problem- ship it back to us ( at your cost;) and maybe we"ll repair it. ) i really don't like this virtual keyboard either- it might as well be a potato. it won't let me edit as the cursor goes where it wants. i wish this tablet were a mac. then i wouldn't have any problems with it. the keyboard alone makes m look stupid when it won't cooperare with me. any problems with it. and i have even dropped my laptop a few times. its a solid aluminium g4 powerbook & has been the most
dependable thing i own. i suggest a tablet maker invent a tablet that is moderately priced, made out of aluminum, with a replaceable battery, a decent manual. nextbook's says hardly anything- doesn't even cover every feature. its a manual that says " you're on your own"

Last edited:

killmeplease

Nov 24, 2012
I got one at biglots and need help rooting it... that seems to be the solution to most of its problems. any ideas would be super