Change Install Location

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
So i was surfing the web and came across this page :

How to move all Android apps to SD card

So scroll down to the section under " Moving (almost) all Android apps to SD card "

connected my usb, opened up command prompt and did the 2 commands listed

• adb shell

• pm setInstallLocation 2
Now i'm able to move Adobe Flash to the internal SD card...... and i'm on Adultswim with regular Browser watching videos in the browser !!! (might be time to uninstall skyfire...)

There was also other "Phone only" apps that i moved and tested them, they still work fine.

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I'm curious why you would want to do this, with link2sd I can install all the apps I'm ever likely to need or even want without fear of running out of system app memory. It is cool of course, but I don't think the system memory partitions are dynamic so I'm not sure you gain anything from it really. There is the very real possibility that I am clueless here as well.

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Ya, over the last 5 months as we have progressed so far with this tablet and all the hard work by everyone...

I've reloaded and tinkered so much, partitioned my card few times, installed ap2sd mod, then link2sd mod before 2.2.2 came out...

After installing 2.2.2 , i have what i need installed atm and not ready to reload everything AGAIN lol

So this is for anyone that doesn't want to mess with all of that and be able to move "unmoveable" apps to internal or external sdcard

As more progress is made with all the great minds working on the roms.... i will reload and update with ap2sd and link2sd mods with the newest rom

but for now im still loving my s7 !!!