Clean Up Apps For Tablet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wingco

Apr 3, 2015
I've several cleaning apps for my Samsung phone (i.e. Smart Cleaner, Powerclean etc), but can find nothing that will run on my wife's Android tablet, which is reduced to walking pace. Those in the Store state that similar apps 'may not be optimised for this device'. There must be something out there that does the job - any suggestions anyone? Thanks

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Samsung partnered with Cheetah Mobile with that "Smart" Cleaner app, and quite bluntly, it's crap. Just like all Cheetah Mobile products. That said, the best cleaning app available is SDMaid and its unlocker to enable the pro features.

The "apps may not be optimized for this device" warning is because the apps in question are written with smartphones in mind and may not display correctly on the tablet's screen. Usually however this fact does not impede their usefulness. SDMaid Pro if I recall doesn't have this optimization issue.

One thing to keep in mind is that the hardware is likely the largest contributing factor regarding your wife's tablet being reduced to a "walking pace". If it's an older tablet, its processor is going to have to work harder to do its job, and the tablet itself is likely to have less RAM available to do the job with. Case in point: the US Samsung Galaxy SIII used a 1.3GHz dual-core processor and had 1.5GB of RAM. The next year, the US Galaxy S4 switched to a 2GHz quad-core processor and increased the RAM to 2GB. The increase made the S4 scream compared to the SIII. The Galaxy S6 however puts both to shame in the hardware sweepstakes. It has an octa-core processor (four 2.1GHz and four 1.5GHz cores in a big/little setup) and 3GB of RAM, allowing it to handle more. So if your wife's tablet is some three to four years old, it may be time to consider getting her a new tablet.

Positive_Aware

May 25, 2016
I don't have a cleaning app installed in mine. I use the Trash Clean that's already in the settings area when you check the Storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.