Coby Kyros 1042-8 Firmware

eddyh23

Aug 14, 2012
Hello all,

I read and try to find a restore image or a custom ROM that work for my 1042, but I can't find it, please i really need help because I flashed some images that are not compatible with it and now i just can access it with livesuit.

PLEASE some one share a livesuit image that work for my 1042. PLEASE!

THANK YOU ALL

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
There are no Livesuite images, and neither Vampirefo nor I recommend using Livesuite as that software causes too many problems. Get the 1042 dump from here, then follow Vampirefo's instructions here. The dump is the original firmware, extracted from the poster's device.

This requires using Clockworkmod. If your device is so bricked that you can't get Clockworkmod on the tablet, you have very few alternatives available to you. Most likely you will have to contact the place you purchased your tablet from and beg them to exchange it.

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I'll correct my post, but the sentiment is the same. If you can't access CWM, you have no chance to survive. Make your time. For all your base are belong to us. ;)

Contact the place you bought it from and ask to exchange it.

marvinabr

Oct 14, 2012

eddyh23

Aug 14, 2012
Thanks, but i don't know why is not working for me, those files Mike from coby support uploaded for me, but i revive my coby and the touch screen don't work. Please tell me what you do and if your touch is working fine.

Hi Eddy, I hope not to be too late. In the link's below are three stock rom format in "Img" that can be used to revive your COBY 1042 with a LiveSuite. For me it worked!

sun4i_crane_mid1042_120701(8GB)V1.img - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Mike Hard (this Work for me)

sun4i_crane_mid1042_120820Phip-V1.img - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Mike Hard

sun4i_crane_mid1042-CrazyHamster-120808-v1.img - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Mike Hard

After you revive your Coby, install CWM.