Coby Kyros 7125 trying to find a way to install Netflix to stream online

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
The netflix app seem to work really well for me, I don't know why people are having problems with it, runs great on my coby 8125, iview 710, and MOMO 8. I am watching it right now as i type this on my 8125.

Last edited:

dgmoo1973

Feb 29, 2012
There are a few of the Coby Kyros and other Coby products that will take the app from the app store just fine. Unfortunately, the 7125 is not one of them. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of an app somewhere that would work on this version?

Cactusgod

Jan 4, 2012
Unfortunately the netflix 1.2.1 with no update check no longer works it seems. Everyone is getting messages that say "Cannot find this video for playback" or something like that. So, even if you hit cancel update, no luck. Its unfortunate. don't know if there will be a fix or not. 1.7 does not work well on my 8120

russell_t

Jul 30, 2011
Unfortunately the netflix 1.2.1 with no update check no longer works it seems. Everyone is getting messages that say "Cannot find this video for playback" or something like that. So, even if you hit cancel update, no luck. Its unfortunate. don't know if there will be a fix or not. 1.7 does not work well on my 8120

@Cactusgod, thanks for the info. Indeed, v. 1.2.1 no longer worked for me when I tried it earlier; I updated to 1.7.0 on my 7022 and thankfully it works.
@dgmoo1973, good to read you got it working.

JonsZX2SR

Jan 30, 2012
Go to www.apktops.com where you should be able to download Netflix v1.5.2, v1.6 or v1.7 I am running Android 2.3.3 on a Kyros 8125 and a Kyros 1126.

Netflix v1.7 is the current version, but many people have reported serious audio/video sync problems with this version. On my 8125 the sync mismatch is a small fraction of a second. v1.6 seems to run without problems.

The Kyros 1126 has serious sync problems with both v1.6 and v1.7 which appears to be work with an external HDMI video. the videos seem to load (slowly) but properly and run as long as I don't get a WiFi disconnect. I am also running Keep WiFi that solves this problem most of the time.

On the Kyros 1126, v1.5.2 runs well with good audio/video sync. There are two bugs I have found though. When running an external HDMI screen, the LCD screen on the tablet 'rips' and jitters, although the external video is fine. If I pause the video and back up both screens remain black (but with audio.) You can jump forward with normal output, and you can go back and forth as long as you don't pause. The problem can only be fixed by rebooting the tablet.

I'm moving to a Acer Iconia A500, running Android 3.2.1 (soon to be updated to Android 4.0.1) and can report Netflix runs without a hitch. In general, I'm happy with both Coby tablets, but the limitations of Android 2.3, limited access to Android market (whcih I ahve worked around somewhat) and the bugginess are annoying. Will probably sell one of the Coby tablets and keep the other.

wrxnfx

Sep 29, 2011
Go to www.apktops.com where you should be able to download Netflix v1.5.2, v1.6 or v1.7 I am running Android 2.3.3 on a Kyros 8125 and a Kyros 1126.

Netflix v1.7 is the current version, but many people have reported serious audio/video sync problems with this version. On my 8125 the sync mismatch is a small fraction of a second. v1.6 seems to run without problems.

The Kyros 1126 has serious sync problems with both v1.6 and v1.7 which appears to be work with an external HDMI video. the videos seem to load (slowly) but properly and run as long as I don't get a WiFi disconnect. I am also running Keep WiFi that solves this problem most of the time.

On the Kyros 1126, v1.5.2 runs well with good audio/video sync. There are two bugs I have found though. When running an external HDMI screen, the LCD screen on the tablet 'rips' and jitters, although the external video is fine. If I pause the video and back up both screens remain black (but with audio.) You can jump forward with normal output, and you can go back and forth as long as you don't pause. The problem can only be fixed by rebooting the tablet.

I'm moving to a Acer Iconia A500, running Android 3.2.1 (soon to be updated to Android 4.0.1) and can report Netflix runs without a hitch. In general, I'm happy with both Coby tablets, but the limitations of Android 2.3, limited access to Android market (whcih I ahve worked around somewhat) and the bugginess are annoying. Will probably sell one of the Coby tablets and keep the other.

Thanks! This was very helpful advice. I tried 1.2.2 without success but 1.6 worked on my 7022! Happy again since Netflix works on my unrooted tablet.