Coby Kyros 8042-4 Android version 4.0.3

donwasham

Oct 27, 2012
Wanted to say high.Just signed up and need help getting the market on my Coby Kyros 8042-4 Android version 4.0.3.I'm 61 years old and very new at this so any help will be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

donwasham

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi donwasham, congratulations on your new Coby 8042 and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Coby Generation 3 Technical forum for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you get the Market on that tablet of yours. Good luck!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Welcome. If you're running Windows, the first step to getting the Google apps on your tablet is to install the drivers located in the sticky at the top of the Generation 3 Technical forum. Then you need to go to the Generation 3 Development forum and download my rooting utility and the 8042 Clockworkmod recovery image.

After that, just follow the instructions in the sticky. If done properly, you will be rooted and the custom recovery image will be installed. You use the custom recovery to install the Google apps, which are linked in the sticky.