Coby Kyros MID8042-4

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
If you have a complete dump you can restore it, if the dump isn't from this tablet it wont fix the problem.
I have already posted a how to restore dumps, you just need to search for them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 Android Phone

orlando021802

Aug 13, 2013
i tried in the post what you posted and it said this is what i get device or resource busy how can i fix that to install dump

Last edited:

orlando021802

Aug 13, 2013
i could'nt push the files looks like ill wait see if someone makes an img with factory dump so i try and if there don't work send it back to coby

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
What do you mean you couldn't push the files? Why?

Sent from my CM9 Coby 8042 Kyros using Tapatalk 4 Beta Again

orlando021802

Aug 13, 2013
i will try this week to make a video for you too see what happening and all the software i have used see if this help someone help me fix this issue cause tablet of centered sucks

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Have you tried to re-load the livesuite image ?

My guess is that's what caused the problem in the first place, flashing a rom can't modify the display screen only modifying the bootloader and internal partitions, eg livesuite.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
My guess is that's what caused the problem in the first place, flashing a rom can't modify the display screen only modifying the bootloader and internal partitions, eg livesuite.

I didn't recognize the livesuite image he used. It doesn't match the size of steeves cfw_8042 image. Maybe he should try that one, then try the various 8042 dumps or roms. With most of these allwinner cobys now out of warranty, livesuite may be the only option.

Gotta watch ebay for a cheap copy allwinner with probs.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I didn't recognize the livesuite image he used. It doesn't match the size of steeves cfw_8042 image. Maybe he should try that one, then try the various 8042 dumps or roms. With most of these allwinner cobys now out of warranty, livesuite may be the only option.

Gotta watch ebay for a cheap copy allwinner with probs.

steeves never made a 8042 image that I know of, plus steeves images where part elf not full coby images.

I just got a 7042 in yesterday I bought on ebay. it has a broken usb port, and a few scratches on the screen. I am not going to replace the usb port, I rooted the tablet via recovery and added playstore, then added Wifi ADB works great.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
steeves never made a 8042 image that I know of, plus steeves images where part elf not full coby images.

I just got a 7042 in yesterday I bought on ebay. it has a broken usb port, and a few scratches on the screen. I am not going to replace the usb port, I rooted the tablet via recovery and added playstore, then added Wifi ADB works great.

You are right. It was sokar311who made the livesuite image for the 8042.

So what did you have to pay for the 7042 ? I remember you had the momo with the bad usb.