Coby Kyros 9042 Boot Stop at Android Logo!

fcsorig

Jan 16, 2013
Hi to all,

Any suggestion how to solve this android tablet problem/hangup after the power is on it load a small android text then after it hangup in the full screen android logo with HD.

athanachie

Feb 13, 2013
same problem with my coby 9042..i already do the factory rest still freeze on android logo..
i need the firmware for coby kyros 9042 and cant find on google even on coby website..can u help me guys..im newbie here :eek:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If either or both of you rooted your tablets, I hope you made a dump of your original firmware. If not you can use one of the dumps in the development index sticky in the development sub-forum and restore your tablets using it and the appropriate link in that thread.

brecht09

Jun 28, 2013
If either or both of you rooted your tablets, I hope you made a dump of your original firmware. If not you can use one of the dumps in the development index sticky in the development sub-forum and restore your tablets using it and the appropriate link in that thread.

Mr. Traveller, what if the device wasn't rooted at all? could there still be another way to restore the device back? i've been searching for quite some time and still can't find any, my pc couldn't identify the device for it to work using the adb.. thank you so much in advance.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If you're not rooted, you're pretty much screwed. You have to be rooted to successfully restore the files to /system.

brecht09

Jun 28, 2013
sir traveller.. thank you for the other advises you've given in the other posts.. i got some ideas in some posts.. then i've complied all of it to try it.. then.. by using Livesuit i was able to recover it.. now i'll be rooting it to lessen being screwed the next time.. ^^

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Personally, exchanging the tablet for a new one would have been a better option than to use a piece of buggy software that can brick tablets as easily as it installs firmware. But, it's good you got your tablet working.

unasoto

Dec 19, 2011
sir traveller.. thank you for the other advises you've given in the other posts.. i got some ideas in some posts.. then i've complied all of it to try it.. then.. by using Livesuit i was able to recover it.. now i'll be rooting it to lessen being screwed the next time.. ^^

Brecht09 did you make a livesuit image? if so could you post it and links to whatever you used to make it I have a 1045 and the only difference between your tab and mine is the display I'd like to use your image and mod it with my dump :) thank you

brecht09

Jun 28, 2013
Brecht09 did you make a livesuit image? if so could you post it and links to whatever you used to make it I have a 1045 and the only difference between your tab and mine is the display I'd like to use your image and mod it with my dump :) thank you

i'll be emailing you the link as soon as i find the link. or maybe I could upload it and send you the link..