Coby Kyros Mid7012-4G

bjy20716

Nov 7, 2011
I returned the 7012 and got an Acer a100. It is a night and day difference. The acer is awesome. Totally worth the extra $150. Do not waste $99 with a 7012 just spend the extra and get an A100. The A100 is in a few weekly adds this week for $250.

Raila

Dec 15, 2011
got it rooted, and dealt with every single problem everyone has mentioned in here... finally got it done using 2 proggies (on Windows 7). PDANet and Superoneclick.

Was totally easy, other than the freeze on Android booting screen. Had to hit reset in the back and re-root it, but it worked the second time. Got phone.apk uninstalled and it gave me the Force stop thing till reboot, and got that out. Also uninstalled Getjar since it ran all the time.

Now, I seem to kind of have a sucky battery.

I installed CPU Optimizer and it lets me set triggers, govenors and lots of other things, but something is sucking the life out of my battery. Had it off the charger for an hour and a half and was almost dead.

Dont get how it would be using MORE juice now that Cel standby is off, and I had it in airplane mode since I use it as a reader most of the time, so dont need to have it connected to wi-fi all the time if I am at home.. have two desktops with instant access at any given moment.

Any recommendations as to what I should look for to try and squeeze more battery life out? I even got Battery Optimizer to reset the battery after the root but it seems to be worse. No idea what else to look at.

MIG

Nov 21, 2011
How bout flash media player? does any one have any idea on how to install? I try several post and no solution, I have the colby kyros MID7120? I want to give it to my 6 yrs niece so she can watch her dora videos and games. I have try installed it and reboot but no help.

Raila

Dec 15, 2011
Found a decent little case for this thing. It doesnt fit PERFECT but it is not a sleeve case. It isnt actually Coby case but it fits relatively well. Its actually a Kindle case, and the only thing is that since the Coby is slightly curved on the back side, it has a tendency to bow a tiny bit. The clamps fit very tight and due to the bow, one is not quite perfect, but overall, I am pleased.

it is the [h=1]Poetic(TM) StandBook Stand Case for Amazon Kindle Fire 7" Tablet [/h]
31jm7ktpjPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I got the red, and it is not quite that nice hot red... it is more of a tomato red. But overall, I like it. Hopefully the back will "loosen up" a little and make it a perfect fit.
And for 12.47 with Prime free shipping, not a bad deal!

adding the [h=1]SanDisk 16 GB microSDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDQ-016G (Bulk Packaging)[/h]at 14.99 for a 16g? definitely a good deal combo :>

eishas

Dec 24, 2011
Not sure if I wanna root , really just want to acess the android market like on my Thunderbolt. Is rooting required to get that market?

Raila

Dec 15, 2011
Not sure if I wanna root , really just want to acess the android market like on my Thunderbolt. Is rooting required to get that market?

go back to page 1 of this very thread, and read the 6th post down.
Link there for a no root market.....

eishas

Dec 24, 2011
ugggh everything i try to download it says make sure i have free space and retry . i havent downloaded anything someone help please

themadness

Dec 12, 2011
i exchanged my first 7012 at hh gregg for a new one. so far so good. i have installed a couple of the apps here and got decent performance.

i have 2 issues tho.

1) angry birds is almost unusable after about 10 mins.
2)every other game i load gets a "force close" pop up before it even starts.

what do i need to do to correct that with out rooting anything. i'm using slideME since getjar is kinda lame and the amazon app store only works half the time. what apps do i absolutely need and how do i fix my game problem?

thanks

eishas

Dec 24, 2011
Yeah I am wondering if mine need to be exchanged as well , I only want kid friendly apps to be honest everything on there could be deleted , just need the gallery. I really need talking tom cat , and its not in the getjar library for this model . I guess I would need to root so i could get everything off. any simple step by step process available to root ?

themadness

Dec 12, 2011
did the amazon app store munck up my tablet? i used it yesterday and have had to do 2 resets since b/c nothing would download from getjar. the slideME market kept timing out as well.

frustrated....

SolidusPR

Dec 25, 2011
Got one 7012 yesterday...So far is working great. First thing i do was install the Android Market using this 3 part video from youtube,

Got it for my 5 year old son to play some games, Angry Birds Rio runs great in this tab.

Last edited by a moderator:

tbaesl

Dec 25, 2011
I have rooted the Coby 7012 but market still does not show kindle, barnes and noble, etc. Unable to install kindle app from Amazon site. Any suggestions?

newnoob

Dec 13, 2011
how hard or easy is it to root the mid7012? The cell standby thing is killing me. can you give a newbie a step by step?

lizzzann45

Dec 25, 2011
has anyone downloaded the netflix app on 7012? i want to know how to download it ppppppppppuuuuuhhhhhhlllllllleeeeeeeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeeeeeeeeee!