Coby Kyros MID7015 Not Turning On

JD123

Apr 28, 2011
Hi, I have had my tablet for a week and now the unit will not start up. It feels hot as if it is running but the screen is blank, it appears to charge. Right now I can't get it to reset, or start up using the battery power or when plugged in.

The reset button hole has no resistance at all and I can get a paper clip in to about a half inch with nothing behind.

Thanks for any help...

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
What reset button hole? There is a small button on the back that you can use the stylus on to push in for a few seconds. If you are sticking paper clip into a hole on the Coby that may be part of your problem. You may have shorted something out. Hopefully not.

jbarr89

May 1, 2011
I'm having the same problem, i got 3 days of use out of it and it won't turn on now.

edit- pushed reset and it started up. I was afraid that if i pushed reset it would put it back to factory and I would lose the root.

Last edited:

schagox

May 2, 2011
I recommend you connect the tablet to a charger

preson reset button and if it does not leave a long time down the power button (about 30 seconds)

cymejia

Feb 15, 2014
my coby kyros is not turning on :( i even alrready pressed the reset button but stillnothing happens. i also tried to charge it, still nothing happens. i already connected it on a usb connector but still nothing happens

edielynne

Feb 19, 2014
Hey, My Coby is a little different from yours, but as far as I know...you can't charge it with the usb cable- that is only for connecting to computer to access it. I could be wrong but you should try letting it charge with your dc charger. I could be totally off the mark but let me know how your coming along.

calxy

Aug 5, 2014
pls i hav a coby kyros mid7015 n i jst installed water... custom rom on it cauz i jst unbricked it . Nw i tried to flash d new items for gingerbread 2.3 into it. it gave an error mesg... i den unplug d power source n turn it on again... it wont turn on... but wen i connect it wit d laptop n my fwdn software is on .. it wil read it dat a device has been connectd.. bt if i turn on d tablet, it wont show anytin, neither can i reset it nor boot it 2 recovery mode or fwdn mode... ols i nid help... thnks. .

calxy

Aug 5, 2014
On my Coby mid7015, whenever i plug it to d system... my fwdn software reads it... i dont if I have disconnected the LCD cable for displaying... Help me...