MID8042 problems with Sokar311 ROM

elflema

Nov 2, 2012
Hi, i'm from Argentina and trying to update the Coby Kyros MID8042 but had some problems.

1. First thing I did was download files in the first post:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...yros-8042-rooted-google-apps-google-play.html

The LiveSuit I used is the one that says it's for Windows 7 x64 LiveSuitPack_v1.07.rar (LiveSuitPack_v1.07.rar)
The other one gives problems with USB drivers.

Note: I'm under Windows XP !!

2. Succesfully flashed the rom. When I reboot the tablet the first thing I see was the lockscreen and then an error started to popup all the time. The error says "Se ha detenido la aplicacion com.android.systemui."

Translating it's something like "The app com.android.systemui. has stopped" or something like that.

I find out that this process may be the status bar (I have no status bar right now)

When I press OK, it gives me less than 1 second to use the tablet.
So, I went to the settings of android and changed wallpaper. When the wallpaper was changed the error stopped (the status bar did'n appeared) but the tablet becomes "usable"

3. Becomes "usable" BUT now I'm having wifi problems. When I use the wifi like 2 minutes, it halts ALL THE WIFI IN MY HOUSE, all the devices attached to my router halts the connection and the only way to restore internet in my house is disabling wifi in the tablet.

So, can anyone help me ?

I read in this forum that if I used LiveSuit I can't use CWM because the tablet may brick.

Thanks all of you very much !!