connecting to a mac

hhsader

Jan 20, 2011
I would like to update my ideos to the singapore rom but cant figure out how to do it on a mac, ie update tool and drivers.... All the instructions ive found on here are for doing it with a pc. Can anyone help me?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Most, if not all, of the firmware update tools appear to be Windows .exe programs. The only way to do it from a Mac would be to use a compatible Windows installation (probably XP/2000 or later) in a virtual machine that supports access to native USB devices (VirtualBox can be tricky to get this working sometimes, VMware usually works, Parallels should be able to do it, Qemu and WINE/DARWINE cannot). But, of course, that still requires you to have a copy of Windows available.

elf310

Jan 10, 2011
unzip the rom upgrade file you downloaded, create a new folder in the root dir of your sdcard called dload, make sure this is the only thing on your sdcard. You need to copy UPDATA.APP and unlmt.cfg into this folder. then reboot you S7 it will upgrade your firmware, when it says it is finished unplug the power cord, and remove the battery, then reinsert the battery and restart the device.

hhsader

Jan 20, 2011
can I do this on the internal sd card or do I need a seperate one

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Believe you need to use an external card because you want to remove it when you're finished with the upgrade. Besides, how would you write to the internal card if your mac can't see it?

hhsader

Jan 20, 2011
My Mac can see the internal card, sorry if I'm confusing you guys on anything I just really don't understand some of the finer points and don't want to do something dumb and screw up my tablet