Crazy problem....all advice appreciated TF600T

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Hacking' started by koawm, Nov 25, 2014.

1. koawm

koawm Junior Member

Nov 25, 2014
    Now first off I know you guys will say "this is a windows tablet". I know just hear me out. Last night I noticed my tablet wasn't connecting to the internet. Usually I just have to restart the router so I continued reading my Nook book. After another few minutes a blue screen with an 'unhappy' face appeared saying that an unexpected error occurred, nothing new with windows, and it need to collect some information then it would restart. A 0% shows up then the device just shuts down instantly. I restarted and the asus logo screen appears but it just hangs there. I know that with most tablet devices there is a button combo to open a recovery screen. I held down the power button and the lower volume button. A new screen comes up and it looks like a command prompt style design. It says:

Embedded Boot Loader
    fs1:\startup.ebl is not a valid path

So I know that either the startup program is missing or its looking in the wrong place for it. Also the bottom is a command style prompt so I've tried various commands but nothing so far has had any effect.

I was trying to figure out how to fix it but I'm not impressed with windows rt. So I was wondering if any of you know how I can flash an android os onto the tablet with my only avenue of manipulating the system is from here and what os you would recommend.

also I have the docking station for it. the tablet recognizes the dock and it continues to charge both. I tried plugging the usb portion to my comp tower but it does not recognize the tablet is connected in any way.
  2. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Norcross, GA
    Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5