Custom Roms Apps

jb2kred

Jul 3, 2011
Please can people list any apps they would like in the custom rom and what you would like to be removed from the stock rom.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
What makes a rom unique from others is having the dev create his own apps, boot animation, splash image in the kernel, and wallpapers.
More or less a team effort project.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

jb2kred

Jul 3, 2011
Hi rgocal i will include some of my own apps into the rom and some other key apps that most roms have. I have already got a Kernel Splash image. Just want to get the community involved

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Thats whats makes a good dev. Good for you. My tablet bricked i was working on so there went my project :/

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

jb2kred

Jul 3, 2011
I've had a few near misses with my tablet, what tablet did you have and what happened before you bricked it.

jb2kred

Jul 3, 2011
i have it running on my Disgo 6000 but it should run on the SYNET7LP as i am using the stock kernel from the SYNET7LP

jb2kred

Jul 3, 2011
Hopefully it should run on the EX7 but will need some one to test it when i have finished the rom

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
My App preference would be the Samsung Galaxy Tab's email app. It is so much nicer than our stock app. I had it working for about 5 minutes on my tablet until it started to force close.

Last edited:

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I am willing to test it on my EX7. so PM me a link when it's done and I'll flash away.

aslanslion

Dec 15, 2010
From someone who has no clue on how to build roms or anything, thank you for trying to do this. :) I'm excited to see what you guys might come up with!

lorenii

May 2, 2011
VTL launcher is awesome and very user friendly and easy to mod.

The night clock is a must have.

The se.catharsis.android.calendar-1. apk puts your up coming schedule on a widget and syncs with windows live and google calendars.

Smart Keyboard.... nothing needed to be said other than AWESOME.

Another good app is SelfAware's Card Ace Blackjack. Free from the Market.

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
There are a few stock apps I'd like to see left in as an option. I personally have no problem with the stock keyboard or the stock browser, so I'd like to see those left in with other browsers/keyboards included as options. Most of us by now know how to use androot/rootexplorer to remove the apps we don't want. I'd also suggest leaving the telephony and contacts apps in there since it was discovered the telephony ones are needed for skype.

For readers I'd say Adobe Reader, Kindle, and Nook. I know some folks will probably want Aldiko as well, but I never use it.

Alarm Clock & Calanders would be really nice. I know Lorenii just recommended one, I think folks also mentioned Jorte or something. Either one is cool with me as long as it syncs with Google Calender. Someone else mentioned the Galaxy Tab email program, but I've elsewhere seen K-9 touted. I've never really used my tab for messaging, but if there was something that allowed sending email and even sms from the tab, I might use that more often.