CWR not working on my nook

Seril

Mar 10, 2011
Hi all. I'm running a stock rooted book color. I installed rom manager on the nook and flashed the latest version of CWR. When i boot into recovery it gives me an install failed dialogue. Has anyone else run into this?

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
What version firmware do you have? What version of autonooter did you use? If you are at 1.1 and used Autonooter 3.0.0... then CWR will not play nice.

Seril

Mar 10, 2011
What version firmware do you have? What version of autonooter did you use? If you are at 1.1 and used Autonooter 3.0.0... then CWR will not play nice.

You called it. Those are my specs. Is there a way to make them play nice or will it have to return to stock and reroot? If I have to, should I keep it at 1.01 and use autonooter 3.0. 0? Is there a newer autonooter that solved this?

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
You called it. Those are my specs. Is there a way to make them play nice or will it have to return to stock and reroot? If I have to, should I keep it at 1.01 and use autonooter 3.0. 0? Is there a newer autonooter that solved this?

I am in the same boat (Autonootered 1.1) and already experienced a boot loop with CWR. What I'm planning for my next round is this:

1. Revert back to stock (1.0.1) using 8-failed boot attempts (I guess I can try to flash one of the stock images, but that requires using CWR with 1.1 again).
2. Use a bootable CWR SD (3.0.0.5) to boot into CWR (no need to root again with the autonooter from stock since the new ROM will take care of that).
3. Flash the phiremod beta2 ROM
4. Keep fingers crossed that it will pass the CWR boot (even if it is stuck, there is a way to remove CWR and it will boot fine)

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I dont use CWR. No reason to in my opinion. Unless you want to OC or play with ROMs.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Hi all. I'm running a stock rooted book color. I installed rom manager on the nook and flashed the latest version of CWR. When i boot into recovery it gives me an install failed dialogue. Has anyone else run into this?

hmm.... yea I had this happen to me once. Can't remember what it was, I do believe it was simple and something I resolved in no time.

-Did you allow SU access to to CWR Rom manger?
-Make sure you have your wifi on and you are connected to a network before you press "Flash Clockworkmod Recovery".

Also
-If manually flashing CWR recovery in CWR Rom manger from zip on sd card, rename the zip to update.zip

I dont use CWR. No reason to in my opinion. Unless you want to OC or play with ROMs.

Well actually another and possibly most important use is for creating a full working backup.

Last edited:

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Agreed, best option is to use a bootable CWR to restore to 1.0.1 stock, reroot with autonooter 2.12.25 (for 1.0.1) and install CWR there. If you want 1.1 badly, use the pre-rooted flashable version after you have CWR installed, they play nice when done in that order.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I am in the same boat (Autonootered 1.1) and already experienced a boot loop with CWR. What I'm planning for my next round is this:

1. Revert back to stock (1.0.1) using 8-failed boot attempts (I guess I can try to flash one of the stock images, but that requires using CWR with 1.1 again).
2. Use a bootable CWR SD (3.0.0.5) to boot into CWR (no need to root again with the autonooter from stock since the new ROM will take care of that).
3. Flash the phiremod beta2 ROM
4. Keep fingers crossed that it will pass the CWR boot (even if it is stuck, there is a way to remove CWR and it will boot fine)

If you are going to go to Phiremod v2beta, no need to revert back to stock. Just start with your step 2...

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
If you are going to go to Phiremod v2beta, no need to revert back to stock. Just start with your step 2...

I actually did that (i.e., use bootable CWR and install phiremod beta2) and got stock in a boot loop (I had 1.1 at the time). Last night, I went with the plan as stated above and didn't see any boot loops after installing over 1.0.1. Before the installation, I wanted to make a back up of my 1.1 with CWR, and even the backup process got me into a boot-loop once rebooted. Then, I used the removeCWR.zip to get rid of it and proceeded with installting phiremod.