Did I brick? HELP!!!

farooqk

Feb 19, 2012
ok so I rooted the vtab, at least I followed the directions and thought it was rooted. Everything seemed to go fine

Then I paid for and installed titanium pro to get rid of the update. I did not see the app at first and realized I needed the free version first. So I uninstalled pro and installed the free version, then reinstalled pro. When I went to vizio update service, I disabled it. Then the vtab rebooted and now I get the screen saying android system recovery <3e> with options including reboot system now, apply update from /sdcard, etc.

When i try to reboot system now, it keeps coming back to the same android system recovery

What did I do wrong and what do I do now???

mui

Nov 28, 2011
I once put mine back in the case I got for it backwards, Taking it out of the case really helped

mui

Nov 28, 2011
When the the Vtab is in the case backward it can press the volume keys which forces the tablet into recovery mode

farooqk

Feb 19, 2012
But once I am in recovery mode, then what do I do? And why do you think this happened if I successfully rooted and was just trying to prevent the update with titanium pro?

mui

Nov 28, 2011
Not sure if your still talking to me so I'm not sure how or if I should respond.

farooqk

Feb 19, 2012
yes, Mui, I am in recovery mode....I do not have an SD card. What should I do now?

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
Reboot. You frozen the best update or uninsralled? I frozen with no issues

Sent From My Rooted VTAB1008 Using Tapatalk

mui

Nov 28, 2011
If you had it in a case backwards or something is holding down the volume keys when it's booting you should just reboot it again without the volume keys being depressed. A reboot is the first item it the recovery menu. or you can just hold the power button till it shuts down. If titanium is causing the problem them maybe you can use the volume buttons to navigate the recovery menu and do a system restore or reset or whatever it's called

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
Reboot it. if it still boots to recovery. Restore the factory. Then root again. I and freeze the update with titanium. How I did it. I no issues at all for me. Also install cwm recovery backup.

mui

Nov 28, 2011
From the sceen with the triangle press the home button or power botton and then use the down volume button to chose "wipe data/factory reset" by pressing the home button. this should reset the device and you'll be starting over. hopefull it didn't download .57

Last edited:

farooqk

Feb 19, 2012
I never updated to .57. But even after wiping data/ factory reset, it keeps going back to green exclamation triangle. And when I plug the vtab into my laptop, it is now showing up as a Marvel USB android device. How am I supposed to root again now?

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
Looks like you messed it is up. You ur only choice is to flash the. 57 and fix it but loose. Any chance of rooting it.