Docking Station

segdoh49

Oct 25, 2010
Just throwing this out there...I just purchase the Transformer, won't be here till Friday (06-24-11) How many of you that own one have the keyboard? I realilze to some this is a preferance and to others it's a must have. Just taking a little survey. I found one for $135 shipped and am contemplating the purchase. And if anyone has found it for less, ring in.....Thanks guys.

chuck88iroc

Jun 30, 2011
When I purchased mine I bought the docking station at the sametime. I am happy that I did as I don't really like using the onscreen keyboard.

Chuck

gwc17

Jun 28, 2011
Relating to the Docking Keyboard. I do find it takes a little practice to align it to attach it. I think a matter of getting the angle right.

Anomander

Jun 16, 2011
Relating to the Docking Keyboard. I do find it takes a little practice to align it to attach it. I think a matter of getting the angle right.
Did the Docking Keyboard come with a USB Charging cable? My USB charging cable that came with my tablet is in two pieces thanks to our new puppy. I figure since that cable is proprietary it is not going to be cheap to replace if I can find it and I would be better off putting the money to the docking keyboard if it did come with a cable.

molecular

Nov 20, 2010
The dock does NOT come with anything other than an 8 page "apology" of a Manual - in the U.K.

Anomander

Jun 16, 2011
The dock does NOT come with anything other than an 8 page "apology" of a Manual - in the U.K.
Supposedly in the USA the dock comes with the USB cable and charger. The cable and charger sells for $40 but is not available. Going to go ahead and order the docking station since that is the most bang for my buck. I'll also try and get the old cable working again.

Tigagreen

Feb 22, 2011
Supposedly in the USA the dock comes with the USB cable and charger. The cable and charger sells for $40 but is not available. Going to go ahead and order the docking station since that is the most bang for my buck. I'll also try and get the old cable working again.

My Docking Station did not come with a cable(U.S.). I ordered the TF and Dock from two different places(availability issues). Just as Molecular stated, just the dock and manual.

I'm really glad I got the Docking station, it provides me with the USB ports, extra battery power and a very efficient keyboard interface. Also, while waiting for delivery of a case, it provides transportation security for the display. I'm in sales and this thing is in my hands all day long.

Anomander

Jun 16, 2011
My Docking Station did not come with a cable(U.S.). I ordered the TF and Dock from two different places(availability issues). Just as Molecular stated, just the dock and manual.

I'm really glad I got the Docking station, it provides me with the USB ports, extra battery power and a very efficient keyboard interface. Also, while waiting for delivery of a case, it provides transportation security for the display. I'm in sales and this thing is in my hands all day long.
Well that is disappointing to hear. When I talked to the Asus rep on the phone he told me that the docking station did come with the charger and usb cable. you would think it should since you still need to charge the dock and it would be nice if both the tablet and the dock had their own chargers since you may not have both at the same time. I did manage to get my cable fixed which is good. I had a co-worker with some patience able to fix it, so at least I have that to use, and hope that maybe someone comes out with a cheaper version then what is available online.

Terabyt3Bob

Jan 23, 2011
I was hesitant on getting a dock because if I wanted a laptop I'd use my laptop, and if I wanted my tablet I'd use my Transformer, but.....I'm glad I went ahead and got the keyboard dock. It keeps the screen clear of prints which is inherent with tablets. Docking and locking isn't too bad, but it seems one has to make sure to seat the tab a little more than one thinks necessary maybe?

It's easier to handle with the dock when seated and laying back.

Btw, no additional cable, was a bit surprised but oh well.

Anomander

Jun 16, 2011
Got my dock yesterday. Very nice option to have with the tablet. It will take a little bit to get used to the smaller keyboard for typing especially since both my 15 and 17" laptops have a full size keyboard or near it. I do get some issues with youtube with the keyboard where it does not want to space the words with the space bar, but will assume it gets fixed with an update. Does anyone know what version the keyboard docking station is? I have to received a notification for it, but wonder if it is something you manually have to do?

Jkirb

Jun 5, 2011
I did not like the onscreen keyboard either. I then figured out how to change it so that I could have the Stock android keyboard. I do however have the keyboard dock and that is what I am typing this with ;)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Anomander

Jun 16, 2011
make sure it is seated all the way. If that is the case then try the mousepad button above the 2 and 3 key and see if that enables it.

Pantherclaws

Jul 13, 2011
It is fully seated, keyboard works very well. Does having the Dock fully charge/ has a charge o have the touchpad to work.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
If the dock has any charge whatsover (or is plugged into the charger), then the touchpad should work. You did not acknowledge whether you toggled the touchpad enable pushbutton on keyboard as recommended by Anomander above. Did you try that? Also try plugging a usb mouse (corded or wireless) into one of the usb ports to see if your cursor can be manipulated that way. I use it primarily in that configuration because the touchpad sensitivity sometimes results in misstypes (I disable the touchpad from the touchpad toggle on the keyboard when I'm using my mouse). The only other complaint I have is that the cursor is dark and hard to see on some backgrounds. I have not been able to find anyway to adjust the cursor look and visibility. Otherwise, I love the dock, especially set up in this manner I hardly miss my netbook.

Last edited: