Ematic E-GLIDE Android Mobile Internet

j16904

Mar 10, 2011
Sorry it took me so long to reply wifi teathering dnt work with dh v3 market semi works but droidhoundd left instrruction on slate ddroid on how to fix that anyways browser randomly shuts down if on google website i cant get google voice to work deffinately neeed thaat tf cardd works fine for me got to use stylus cause no way to caalibrate srry my reveiw so short im on my eglide I'm also looking for some one to teach me how to make my own custom rom i am willing to compensate

shak

Mar 16, 2011
can any one tell me how to overclock eglide. i used couple of apps like cpu tuner,cpu master,cup control , benchmark,setcpu but no one is working they all r asking for root and i m using rom that is posted by sunigirl(2.1). my system is showing me that my tab is root but i m unable to access any app that need to be root.i also used an app called "overclockwidget" (also asking for root) but its showing me that my processor speed is 313mhz that mean its not 1ghz or 600mhz(shown in website or meantioned by ematic company).plz reply me as soon as possible n also post how to access ".img" file.

Last edited:

shak

Mar 16, 2011
now in apad710 froyo v3 rom u can access full market u can go to this website ( Rookie Android: Android budget tablet: Archos 70 Review ) or just follow the simple instructions
Fix the Android Market

If you are having problems seeing your favorite apps, or
if you are missing a bunch of apps in the Market, some people need to do the
following to get the Market to work called the "Market Fix":

1. On your tablet navigate to Settings -> Applications
    --> Manage Applications
  2. Select the "Running" tab
  3. Find and select "Market" app
  4. Touch the "Clear Cache" button (NOT the "Clear Data"
    button....I hear this is bad)
    • Touch the "Force Stop" button
    • Press the "Back" button on your tablet
  5. Find and select "Google Services Framework"
    • Touch the "Clear Data" button
    • Touch the "Force Stop" button
  6. Reboot tablet
  7. thats it
  8. now u can access full android market
  9. Try accessing the Market again

chezjim

Mar 7, 2011
OK, back to the less technical amongst us (I'm actually a former programmer, but I just want to write on this thing, not supercharge it):

I finally - and not entirely willingly - used the Upgrade Utility.

The facts are these:

I had already downloaded the Dolphin Mini Browser, but decided to install the HD version because it has some nifty add-ons, like saving to PDF. UPDATE: It occurs to me that I also downloaded 2 barcode reader apps, also possible culprits.

Unfortunately, the next time I turned on my device, I got this:

""android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. - Force close"

Over and over again... It turns out this message has baffled Android users for a few years (I would think it basically means Android itself has stopped working). But the solutions for other devices usually involve deleting something - not doable on the eGlide, which simply keeps returning the same message. I tried shutting it off, resetting it, etc.

Finally I backed up what little I might need from the machine (I regularly off-load my day's work to my desktop, so starting over wasn't as traumatic for me as it might be for some). Then I used the Update utility (despite uncertainty, I should note, about whether the USB on my old laptop was 2.0.)

And it failed... Right at the end, with two lines in red and a "0 OK, 1 Fail" message.

I felt, well, queasy, thinking I'd now "bricked" my toy. But I tried turning it on nonetheless (having unconnected it again).

It started up fine, went through some formatting and then... looked just like it had out of the box. Which in fact was OK, since I was planning to uninstall a good part of the apps I'd downloaded. (Everything on my SD card was of course untouched.) I re-downloaded Quickoffice, still not sure if I need any of the other things I had, added Miren and... I'm good.

Despite the fail message.

Which might be worth knowing for anyone else planning to do this.

Among other things, this makes me way less nervous about trying any future flashes, not that I'm planning to do that any time soon.

Meanwhile, I bought a cheap under-size USB keyboard and, sure enough, with USB host mode on, it worked like a charm. Which means I can do what I've dreamed of for years - sit in a coffeehouse without worrying about the weight of a laptop and its dubious battery life (my favorite spot nixes plug-ins) and type up my (barely legible) drafts.

Which is about 70% of what I want to do with this.

Last edited:

paulwayne

Feb 20, 2011
Good afternoon. Can anyone tell me if they were able to obtain a 3g USB dongle for the Eglide MID tablet Android 2.1? If so. can anyone tell me the make, model and cost? Do I need to purchase a seperate SIM card for the 3g dongle? I've beeen in contact with a dozen China suppliers and cannot get the correct information. They can sell me the compatible 3g dongle, Huawei E1750 but tell me I must buy a US SIM card. Where would I buy a SIM card for a Huawei 3g dongle? Please help? Regards, Paulwayne.

therealpongo

Feb 17, 2011
Good afternoon. Can anyone tell me if they were able to obtain a 3g USB dongle for the Eglide MID tablet Android 2.1? If so. can anyone tell me the make, model and cost? Do I need to purchase a seperate SIM card for the 3g dongle? I've beeen in contact with a dozen China suppliers and cannot get the correct information. They can sell me the compatible 3g dongle, Huawei E1750 but tell me I must buy a US SIM card. Where would I buy a SIM card for a Huawei 3g dongle? Please help? Regards, Paulwayne.

From whichever US Network provider you choose ! It depends on 3G coverage in your area. Why not have a word with the cellphone network providers over there ?

Last edited:

SFlummox

Mar 7, 2011
"Your mileage may vary", but this guy got a free SIM card for the AT&T pay-as-you-go mobile data service:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-t-mobile-my-account-app-win-4.html#post31612

The people at the Cingular (now AT&T) store I go to have always been super helpful and know their stuff, although I'm sure it depends on the individual store and staff.

You can purchase a bare SIM card on the AT&T wireless website, but the details are pretty slim:
AT&T SIM Card Cell Phone - Wireless from AT&T

What sort of pricing are you getting on the Huawei E1750 dongle?

paulwayne

Feb 20, 2011
Dear SFlummox, Hi. The price of the Huawei E1750 dpngles varies from $32.00 to $ 68.00. The E1750 dongle does not come with a SIM card but comes unlocked. The suppliers state that any 3g data SIM card will work? Do you know what they mean? Do you have any suggestions on what type of SIM card to buy, make, model, and type of SIM card? There is a brand of 3g dongle that comes with a built-in SIM card, it's a Havilon HSDPA 3g wireless modem, Model HD580, web site is Built-in SIM CARD 3G HSDPA WIRELESS MODEM products, buy Built-in SIM CARD 3G HSDPA WIRELESS MODEM products from alibaba.com. They claim it's compatible for worldwide roaming and looks like it is compaible with Android 2.1 MID tablets. Please take alook at the specs and let me know hat you think, if it will work in the USA? I've been trying to find a compabible dongle (which I found E1750), but needs a SIM card. I'm new to the Android market and 3g modems for internet access. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Paulwayne.

paulwayne

Feb 20, 2011
Dear GeorgiaKee, Hi....Have you found a compatible 3g dongle modem and SIM card for your Eglide tablet to access the internet? I'm still researching and the suppliers are very confusing with their responses. I found a compatible 3g dongle, Huawei E1750, but need a SIM card. Do you have any information on the make, model, type of SIM card needed for a 3g wireless dongle modem? I'll keep you posted. Thanks, Paulwayne.

j16904

Mar 10, 2011
Does anyone know good app for calling ppl on my eglide I'm using. Google voice it forwards the calling. Process. To dialer. Then says network not found so u use google voice callback addon and still nothing I can call using net talk app but very poor quality any ideals I'm using sunigirls latest rom

Ps. Suni girl can't see images in browser or fb apps any ideas to fix let me know

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

paulwayne

Feb 20, 2011
Dear SFlummaox, Hi. The Havilon HD580 with the built in SIM card does not work with Android OS. Sorry. We need a SIM card that carries no charge. paulwayne.

chezjim

Mar 7, 2011
First of all, the eGlide manual is called... the "MID user manual".

As you may have noticed when shutting down, our little toy at some point was named the MID and that lingers in odd places.

OK, so having asked if we could use an external keyboard, I felt a little dumb when I went back to the manual and found (on page 15) instructions on how to connect either a mouse or a keyboard.

But I felt way less dumb when I went back to page 49 (under FAQ) and saw the question: "Can I use an external keyboard?" followed by the answer "No." and a suggestion to use an app to make typing simpler.

Two statements, one manual.

Meanwhile, I've found an app (Tunein) which supposedly allows you to tune in a bunch of radio stations. From the Web? Or does the device indeed (as sometimes advertised) include an FM radio?

Stay (no pun intended) tuned.