Emerson EM 545/Polaroid PMID 4311

craig h

Jan 11, 2019
hello, I have the emerson em 545 have heard it is also same as pmid 4311. glass is cracked! oh no! any advice on repairing it? would it be the same as ( the glass) a digitizer? also have a urulu tablet (no name/ model # on back) with same problem. Where to get repair parts? how to tell identity of urulu? process involved? thanks!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Honestly, while you might be able to find a replacement screen, the screen will end up costing more than the tablet. Case in point, the one place I saw that still had a listing for the Emerson tablet had a price of 29.99CAD (22.59USD). You can get a more modern tablet, even though it will be a no-name model, for only a little more.

Most of the time tablets like this are only sold by a company but not made by them. As a result the company won't have replacement parts and often would just swap out a tablet during the warranty period.

craig h

Jan 11, 2019
so would it be called a digitizer? I have also thought about broken units to make a good one.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Whether screen or digitizer, it makes no difference. It's still not cost effective to attempt to repair this thing when you can get a new one for a bit more. Hell, you can go onto Amazon right now and buy one of their Fire tablets for about $40. It doesn't have Google apps, but there are ways around that.