Enable default browser

Blackdalhia

Jul 14, 2011
Hi !
I have purchased Iconia A500 and wow it's good !

I have only one problem : I am using a custom apk that uses the default Android browser, and needs flash plugin.
I have installed flash plugin which works fine with Chrome (the default Iconia browser) and dolphin HD, but not my custom app ! (I get a blank screen :/)

I need to enable flash in the default Android browser but I don't know how to access it ! Does anybody know this ?
or any way to enable flash plugin in the default android browser ?

thanks in advance this is very important for my work .....

fmatic

Jul 14, 2011
In default browser (at least eclair 2.1 based) you can enable plugins:

Step 1: Start your Internet browser and press the MENU button.
Step 2: Select "More".
Step 3: Now go to "Settings".
Step 4: Finally, select the option to "Enable Plug-Ins.

Hope this help :)

Blackdalhia

Jul 14, 2011
problem is that the default browser is not visible (there is no icon o the desktop or anywhere to launch it, Iconia's default browser is Chrome )
that's what I'm looking for : how to get the android default browser

In default browser (at least eclair 2.1 based) you can enable plugins:

Step 1: Start your Internet browser and press the MENU button.
Step 2: Select "More".
Step 3: Now go to "Settings".
Step 4: Finally, select the option to "Enable Plug-Ins.

Hope this help :)

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Long press a blank area of the screen.
A new screen will show an stylized image of all the home screens, and a list of widgets that you can add.
On that screen you can tap "applications " it see apps instead of widgets.
Then scroll left and right in the bottom portion of the screen to find the browser icon. Tap it and it will jump to on of the home screens. It will have an icon that looks like a stylized planet earth.

You can also tap the app drawer icon in the upper right corner of your screen and scroll through the apps. Then long press the icon to add it to your desktop.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I have to ask how you managed to get and install a custom apk without knowing how to find an app that came with the device. Its a little like asking how to get the hood open so that you can install a super charger and racing cam on your engine.