FC Issue

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Is anyone having problems with the Facebook app? It's utterly useless to me because it constantly force closes. I've deleted and reinstalled a 100 times, cleared data and cache..nothing works. I have the latest version. Can anyone help?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I am having the same issues, it is basically useless with the "updates." I have just gone to accessing it via the browser only on my tablet.

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
From what I can tell, you need to install a app called "fakeGPS" and set your location then FB will work. The new update is dependent on a GPS location and the NC not having one is why it breaks.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
From what I can tell, you need to install a app called "fakeGPS" and set your location then FB will work. The new update is dependent on a GPS location and the NC not having one is why it breaks.

+1 which is scary when you consider the app won't work without GPS. FB is at it again...

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Facebook works now! Thanks so much!

ETA: I also noticed after installing FakeGPS that some apps that I wasn't able to download from the Market (I kept getting "This app can not be downloaded due to an error") now download just fine.

Last edited:

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
I think a lot of apps depend on it and take it for granted that all "phones" now have GPS. Really though, I have a iPhone 4 with full GPS in it and I rarely use it for actual navigating but you would be surprised at how many of the 20 or so apps I have on it that want to have access to the "location services" or GPS, Facebook included.

Drashnar

Oct 13, 2011
Thank you VERY much for the info. I only just loaded cm7 onto internal memory, and thought I had done something wrong.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum