Finaly! Transformer came in mail today

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
today the mail man brought me a fairly big package and right away i knew what it was =]

and i was wondering what i should do now. what should i add to it and what i should avoid:)

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
today the mail man brought me a fairly big package and right away i knew what it was =]

and i was wondering what i should do now. what should i add to it and what i should avoid:)

First fully charge the tab (and keyboard dock if you got that) before you first power on to fully condition and calibrate the battery. Then download and install the latest Asus OTA updates (they should be pushed to your tab within a few minutes of setting up your gmail/Google account settings on the tab), check for system update notifications in the lower right notifications area. Then get the dual battery widget from the market if you have the dock so you can check both the dock and tab battery levels. While you are charging the tab, your can install the Asus tab apps to your PC that allow for USB data transfer and remote desktop operation. Finally, get some apps like Netflix, Google goggles. Moboplayer, Pandora or spotify, Pulse or 360 news readers, and any Honeycomb optimized games you like.

Sent from my SPH-P100

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
The TF has screen rotation lock as a software setting (tap the clock and then tap the settings icon and you can lock screen rotation in these quick settings).

I have my GMail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Exchange and me.com account downloading to my Transformer with no issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I wouldn't trade my Transformer unless I could somehow get the Transformer Prime.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited by a moderator:

ziffos

Apr 17, 2011

Hope you enjoy your Transformer as much as I am enjoying mine - well done on your choice and post #2 above gives the perfect response to your question..

Last edited:

jtsauburn

Sep 15, 2011
Congratulations on getting the Transformer! Once you have done all the updates, think about what apps you want. The Transformer comes with some apps pre-installed, but they are not always the best option.

The stock keyboard app is weak. Better choices include Swipe, Thumb Keyboard and Swiftkey (I use Swiftkey). Speaking of keyboards, if you don't have the transformer keyboard, I highly suggest you get it! In addition to being a keyboard, it adds 2 usb ports, a full size sd port, and a battery that extends battery life to about 11 hours. Other "must have" hardware is a usb extension cord. The power cord on the transformer is very short, but you can entend it with a usb extension cord, but make sure it is usb 3.0 (2. 0 won't work). You will also want a micro-sd card (or sd if you have the keyboard) for storing/transfering files. If you want to store movies on the card, make sure it is a class 10 (faster speed).

The transformer will play movies well, but most movies do not come in the format for the transformer, There are several good programs that will convert the movies into the proper format. DoubleTwist, Any DVD Coverter and Avs Video Converter are among the most popular. There are others as well. The transformer will work with most usb devices (printers, cameras, keyboards, phones) but will not work with DVD players. Your other options include Netflix and some other websites that stream movies online. Directv, Dish Network ( which can include Blockbuster Movie Pass) , and Time Warner Cable all have apps where you can watch anything you see on your tv (usuallyy requires an adapter like the Sling Adapter). Many networks also have apps, including HBO, CNN, and USA, just to name a few. Most pro sports have apps (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, etc), and many retail stores have apps. Many banks have apps, and there are apps like mint.com (intuit), that let you link to many banks. Ebooks are becoming more and more popular and most major book retailers have apps, including Nook (Barnes & Noble) , Kobo, Kindle (Amazon) and others. Look for books in the standard epub format, which can be read by any of the ereader apps, otherwise, you may have to use a conversion program.

There are several media apps that are better than the video player. They include Mixzing and Poweramp. There's a Facebook and Google+ app as well as Youtube, all of which have recently had upgrades. Online music sources include Pandora and Slacker.

Last edited:

WVUTampaAlum

Oct 6, 2011
As someone else mentioned. Thumb keyboard. Well worth the money. Sweet split keyboard that is totally customizable. Dolphin hd for browsing. If you do forums alot then check tapatalk.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Just tried Thumb Keyboard and it really is a great product, even making it possible to type in landscape on the Transformer. Very nice actually.

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
Just tried Thumb Keyboard and it really is a great product, even making it possible to type in landscape on the Transformer. Very nice actually.

i got thumb keyboard the other day and i love it it makes typing very simple and for a good price