Finding a recovery, bootloader, rom & flashing without bootloader?

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by Hyflex, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Hyflex

Hyflex Junior Member

Dec 20, 2014
    I purchased a tablet from Amazon a while ago:

Recently it's been playing up and currently the "Internal Storage" is not showing any size, this happened when the tablet's maximum internal storage amount was filled up with apps and stuff, on reboot it seemed to automatically factory reset but at the same time mess up the system partition, it can't install any apps and "factory resetting" it does nothing :(

NATPC have a firmware .img file available over at:

However, the tablet doesn't have a bootloader so I can't flash it using fastboot...

It has a form of recovery that is just "Android System recovery <3e>" which has options to apply update via adb, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, apply update via external storage and apply update from tf card

It's an "Allwinner A20 (sun7i) SoC" using the "SDK: MID-A20-Android4.2-V2.0patch1" although on their forum for the X210 it has a thread: which makes me a little confused.

• Firstly, what is the device' true name... some say it's identical to some other tablets out there...
    • How can I install/flash the "x210 side power button.img" without a bootloader... I have no idea how to zip the image file correctly.
    • How can I get a bootloader?
    • Are there any custom roms for this tablet?
    • Are there any custom recoveries for this tablet?