galaxy note 8 stuck in system recovery mode

xuam

Nov 24, 2015
tablet doesn't turn on and when it finally does robot is on his back in background , and there is a red triangle over his chest with a black exclamation point in it

anyhow just gives me options :

reboot system now
apply update from adb
apply update from external storage
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from cache

i have literally tried them and and the thing still doesn't come on why?? what do i do ?

oh yeah also says at the bottom of tablet

E: failed to mount /efs (invalid argument)
# manual mode#
--appling multi-csc...
applied the csc-code : unknown
successfully applied multi-csc.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Your tablet should have a download mode separate from the recovery. Download the latest stock ROM for your tablet from sammobile.com's Firmware section and install it to your tablet using the original USB cable and the Odin software package.

xuam

Nov 24, 2015
I don't mean to sound totally dumb but, how do I get it into download mode?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Press and hold volume down and power. If that doesn't work, then use volume down, home, and power.

You'll see a warning screen with the option to press up to enter download mode, or press down to restart. Press volume up.

xuam

Nov 24, 2015
  • Yes I've done that , but the only thing it's says is "downloading " "do not turn off target" ..and of course has the little Android man there.
  • But it still doesn't work

• Press and hold volume down and power. If that doesn't work, then use volume down, home, and power.
You'll see a warning screen with the option to press up to enter download mode, or press down to restart. Press volume up.

xuam

Nov 24, 2015
ive tried it but unfortunately it doesnt recognize the tablet when i plug it in so odin doesnt see it

xuam

Nov 24, 2015
Only thing that is happening to the tablet right now is that it's plugged in and the screen that the screen that is shown here is flashing like a darn strobe light but it never comes on and when it finally does, you have the dead robot on it's back

Attachments

• IMG_20151129_125605.jpg
    IMG_20151129_125605.jpg
    828.3 KB · Views: 537

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Yes I've done that , but the only thing it's says is "downloading " "do not turn off target" ..and of course has the little Android man there.
"Downloading. Do not turn off target." means you are in download mode. Now connect the tablet to the PC and you should be able to flash the ROM through Odin.

If Odin doesn't see the tablet, make sure the drivers are installed, you're using the original cable, and are not using a hub. If after all that you still can't connect the tablet, then you'll have to ask Samsung for help. Since I don't have this tablet I can't go much further.

xuam

Nov 24, 2015
yeah i tried it and it started then said "failed"

i called samsung but they want me to pay them 200 bucks at least because its "out of warranty"

yet ive only had tablet maybe a year and a half

xuam

Nov 24, 2015
right underneath in odin where it says "0:[com3] " is highlighted in light blue dunno if that means anything but it doesnt see it

xuam

Nov 24, 2015
says there is no "pit partiton" what ever that means .. but i guess thats why it fails

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
PIT file refers to the storage chip's partition table. With a PIT file, stock ROM, and Odin, the entire internal storage space will be completely formatted and repartitioned to the system defaults. The ROM will then be installed.

You'll have to do a Google search for the PIT file, but someone on XDA or other enthusiast site has to have one you can download.

xuam

Nov 24, 2015
man i called these samsung clowns and they really suck...put u on hold for extended periods of time and then want you to pay ridiculous amounts to fix the darn tablet...and the tablet doesnt even cost that much in store ...i wish i could get something done because this was an absoulte waste of money and time