FIRMWARE RELEASES: firmware files, benefits and bugs for the Flytouch2 v2 /Superpad 2

Artermis

Jul 22, 2011
Eddy,

your unit looks to have the specs as mine. I ordered mine off good old ebay and some chinese seller so was expecting it to be a complete fake, but I flashed Tim5 and it worked just fine. However I had bug issues with Tim5a with the GPS not turning off, which was hammering my battery. Also didn't like the look of 5 which didn't seem as friendly to customise as 4e. therefore I am now running 4e which I prefer the look at feel of much more, its easier to setup.

Johnierw - thank you very much for your reply mate, I did flash mine and it worked just fine. I did also try Tim5 but it wasn't as good as the 4e version which I now run, seems smoother than 5 which I feel has some kinks to be worked out. hope this helps :eek:)

Eddy

Jul 23, 2011
Thanks for your reply I actually ended up returning the unit for a full refund and I bought one off Amazon, which seems to have a bit more of a robust build quality i.e. the wifi button was a bit loose on my first model. I've had to broadcast my SSID name but I can now connect wirelessly and I took it with me to my hospital appointment and I had no trouble connecting to their open network. What bugs did you find that the firmware update fixed?

giannimedica

Aug 1, 2011
Hello.
my superpad 3 - flytouch 4 bought 2 weeks ago, after a wrong update (with www.********+9v_600), need a operating system's re-installation.
Originally, model showed was Yospad; after first update showed Sawee 100 and now doesn't boot and stop on black screen with small "android" world.
When booted, I hadn't no more wi-fi and gps!!
Could you please help me to reinstall my original Yospad which I could install on my tablet?
Please, help-help-help me
Thanks in advance
Gianni

ray1970

Apr 5, 2011
Hello.
my superpad 3 - flytouch 4 bought 2 weeks ago, after a wrong update (with www.********+9v_600), need a operating system's re-installation.
Originally, model showed was Yospad; after first update showed Sawee 100 and now doesn't boot and stop on black screen with small "android" world.
When booted, I hadn't no more wi-fi and gps!!
Could you please help me to reinstall my original Yospad which I could install on my tablet?
Please, help-help-help me
Thanks in advance
Gianni
Hi
Gianni a question did you get from china*****er and what is your tablet is it a black 1 and how many gigs is it, what box did it come-in?have you the built in 3g sim-card slot? let me know cheers

eggy

Aug 2, 2011
Thanks for your reply I actually ended up returning the unit for a full refund and I bought one off Amazon, which seems to have a bit more of a robust build quality i.e. the wifi button was a bit loose on my first model. I've had to broadcast my SSID name but I can now connect wirelessly and I took it with me to my hospital appointment and I had no trouble connecting to their open network. What bugs did you find that the firmware update fixed?

Thanks for mentioning this.. I had an issue with connecting to WIFI at a hotel and it asked for a SSID? What is this? I didnt know what to put so I couldnt connect. Thanks..

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Hello,

I have a quick question regarding WIFI. I have flashed the latest TIM firmware. Unfortunatly i run the script to get the old WIFI drivers. As expected, wireless LAN is now useless, as it always looses connection. Is there a way to change the drivers again, without new flashing. Or can the connection loss of the pad solved in an other way?
Thanks for your help.

bigscreen
The Tim4 Roms have scripts to change the wifi drivers between the ones that support ad-hoc and the one that comes from factory. You find the gscript tool in your app drawer. Not sure of Tim5, still to test. Been away on holiday for 1 month.

Aug 21, 2011
Hi
Ickabod are you asking how good it is?if it's manufacture firmware i would say pretty good,as they have been tweeking there firmware over many months and have brought quite a few different ones out all better than the previous ones

ITCSW

Jul 4, 2011
Hi, I've flashed my superpad III Android 2.2 Froyo device with various roms and now I can't align the screen. No matter what I do, in both landscape and portrait orientations the screen is split slightly down the side. I've tried both Gscript 576 and 600 fixes and neither make any difference. The original reference for my pad states that the screen resolution is 1240 x 600 at 16:9. I want to sell my pad and really need it to be working before I do, does anyone have any ideas?

ITCSW

Jul 4, 2011
Hi, I've flashed my superpad III Android 2.2 Froyo device with various roms and now I can't align the screen. No matter what I do, in both landscape and portrait orientations the screen is split slightly down the side. I've tried both Gscript 576 and 600 fixes and neither make any difference. The original reference for my pad states that the screen resolution is 1240 x 600 at 16:9. I want to sell my pad and really need it to be working before I do, does anyone have any ideas?

Disaster averted, I used the original flytouch manufacturer firmware and all is well again.

exploosv

Oct 18, 2011
I recently bought a tablet that was listed as a flytouch 2. I can't load angrybirds and it does not even show up in the market...not much does. On the model it says SAWEE10, Android Version 2.2 V2.5#4325 Kernel 2.6.32.9 Build FRF85B. What do I have and what can I do to make it better?

Pascha

Sep 28, 2011
Hi
I have a FL2 with the following features and it's start up with infotmic 0.6.3.1.
Can I use this firmware for the tablet?
Regards Günter from Germany

dhj123456

Nov 6, 2011
I have update the rom with the latest date paste in this post, and there is a bug, it will automatically shutdown once the stand by time reaches the idle sleep time, for example, if the sleep time setting as 10 minutes, then it will shutdown after 10 minutes , even if you are operate it. To solve this I had to set the sleep time as never sleep.
While so bad, after I flash the rom, I insert my micro sd card with a wrong direction, and can't get it out.