firmware upgrade

theman7676

Dec 11, 2011
can someone please explain again the process to upgrade?
there was some details on another thread below called wifi help...however it is not very clear

for some reason i am not able to reach the upgrade page....when i turn on the device using both valume down and power i can only reach a similar set up page however the only 2 options given are reboot device or new device factory set up (i see no mention f the firmware at all)

thank you all

MichaelBrock

Dec 7, 2011
Here is a link to LePan's upgrade page:

Latest Firmware for LePan TC 970 Tablet Computer

After realizing that "turn off the tablet" means really turning it off (as opposed to just turning off the screen) I had no issues with the upgrade. I don't have much experience with these things (obviously) but are you certain that all 3 of he files in the firmware zip file are located in the root of the sd card? I think recognizing those files there is what triggers the upgrade option.

theman7676

Dec 11, 2011
thank you michael for the reply. of course my machine was fully turned off and as i was saying, i even got into a page very similar to the one they are showing on the instruction page, however i never had a choice of running the firmware
maybe its because i didnt leave on the card just the firmware....perhaps i need to erase everything else so it could be picked up ....???
what does it mean in the root? i placed it n my pc and later transferred it to the sd card (and then placed the little one into the tablet)

MichaelBrock

Dec 7, 2011
I didn't erase any of the other files on the sd card. By "root", it means just the main portion of the card space, not in a directory.

lukeliu

Dec 11, 2011
I think your problem is here:
1. Download files; after download is complete, unzip all the files and put them directly onto the root of your MicroSD card. You might need to download WinRAR(trial version) or other unzipping software to extract files.
you should put these three files:griffin.ifw, iboot.ism, MLO into your micro SD card directly, instead of the whole folder.

erichardson5

Dec 26, 2011
I am still getting the "Bad Firmware" message. I have tried it numerous was. I have downloaded and unzipped the files and added them seperately to the sd card and i have added just the three files listed above by themselves. i still can't seem to get it to work. can anyone help please?

spikeman

Dec 23, 2011
I am still getting the "Bad Firmware" message. I have tried it numerous was. I have downloaded and unzipped the files and added them seperately to the sd card and i have added just the three files listed above by themselves. i still can't seem to get it to work. can anyone help please?

Put in all together in the SD in the root (dont create a sub folder, just paste all the files)

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
The third file is a detailed instruction manual. open that one on your computer and follow the directions there. Be sure your cable is attached during the first steps and diconnect it when prompted..

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
TinaCarte, le pan 1 factory firmware is loaded from the SD card (using the lp provided 2 GB one is recommended!). The on board recovery program will kick you into the firmware update page if you press volume-down and then the power key. Hold them until the le pan graphics logo disappears.

eldorado57

Nov 17, 2012
I have a Lepan II. I decide to install the new firmware. After i have install the new firmware (LePanII-FirmwareUpdate.zip) i got the message Battery Logic Failure Detected. Can not communicate with battery gauging IC. The battery always indicate 1%. I have tried to install the Upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4. thinking it will correct the problem but the tablet never restart. I have tried every thing, the reset button, the power button for ten second, the reset and the power at the same time for ten second, nothing work. The tablet don't want to resart.

I am a computer tecnician and after some verification, i think the battery is dead. There is no reaction at all. Volume up or down + the power button, no reaction, not one sign of life in there.

I have wrote to lepan in the support website and they told me that they want to close the web service and give me a number to call. Every times i call the number it says the office is close.

What kind of company is that. The Lepan II was for my daughter and i waited for the new LePan for me but with this experience forget it. I have read a lot about LePan on the web, users problems and failing support and my conclusion is stay away from that company.

rsramkis

Nov 29, 2012

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Rsramkis, you are on the most current version of ICS. You don't need to upgrade anything. Just sit back and enjoy.