General Question

monradon

Jan 5, 2014
When I joined up and doing what I needed to do I noticed there was no check box for members be allowed to send email to each other. Did I miss it or is it just not needed ???? It always been there on all the forums I belong to ???

Thank You

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
Welcome to the site. Should be under settings or my profile, which can be found on the top right hand side of the home page.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You didn't miss it. The site doesn't have it, and it's not really needed anyway. There is private messaging on the forum as well as the capability of leaving visitor messages on a particular user's profile. I don't know what forums you frequent, but out of the multitude of forums I am a member of, I know of exactly one site (a GPS enthusiast site) that allows users to email each other.

@cali: the General Settings "Receive Email" options only apply to messages from Admin and friendship requests. What the OP is looking to do is send emails to users through the site rather than private messages, using a messaging page set up by the site for the purpose.

Last edited:

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
Thanks Trav, just checked that out. Had seen something about this in the past but never use the email function anyway.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi monradon, congratulations on your Ematic tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets.