Google Play limits apps to tablet

currinbrandon

Jun 29, 2012
I own a rooted Coby Kyros MID8042-4 tablet with the GAPPS installed,but im limited on what apps i can install due to what the PLAY STORE sees my tablet as,is there a way to change this,easily?

droidman05

Aug 12, 2011
I own a rooted Coby Kyros MID8042-4 tablet with the GAPPS installed,but im limited on what apps i can install due to what the PLAY STORE sees my tablet as,is there a way to change this,easily?[/QUOTE

Hello, i have a unrooted 8024 and i cant get google play. Do you have any advise?

WereWolf

Aug 18, 2012
I ran into the same problem after rooting and installing Gapps on my fiancee's 7042. The only work around I could find was to find out the latest version of the app you wanted, search for it on google.com or you might try fullapk.net, and download the apk to your pc. I could get most of the apps that Google said wasn't compatible to work. The only other downside is you can't update through the play store. Have to redownload after every update.
After I rooted and put Gapps on my 1042 I haven't had the same issue with it. The play store hasn't given me any compatibility issues on it.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
... but im limited on what apps i can install due to what the PLAY STORE sees my tablet as,is there a way to change this,easily?

Edit some setting in the build.props file?
Maybe someone who has done this successfully can verify.