Google's Gmail Hit With Service Disruption

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
Google_Error_502.jpg

Avid users of Google's Gmail probably have noticed some hinky happenings going on today. The service has been hit with some kind of service disruption. The symptom is that people who use Gmail are receiving their mail very slowly, with emails coming in to their inbox as much as an hour after being sent. In some rare instances, the emails don't even come in at all. Here at FF HQ, we have experienced this ourselves, which has made it a bit more difficult to get the stories cranked out as quickly as we would like.

We aren't sure which regions of the globe are being affected by this "outage," so it is possible it is isolated to either the USA or to certain regions of that country. Sound off if you have experienced Gmail issues in your area of the world. There's no official word from Google explaining what the problem is, but we will keep you updated when we find out more details.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
This information might have helped 5-7 hours ago when 2 of my customers were telling me their mail was slow. ;)

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Disruption may have only been regional. I didn't hear of any reported issues here in Canada.