GPS fix on acer a500

sje3156

Jan 15, 2012
I know this is old news but there are still people getting these acers and having issues with the GPS so i thought i would re-enter this because i just found something that got mine to work after 2 months of not working. Im sure someone may have already said to try this but i know when i did my search tryn to find help with this all the topics where so old they where no help to me. I did find out the problem is that the factory didnt alow the tablet to push enough power to the GPS chip to get it to lock well i found a solution to change that. If you get the GPS app sygic inside that app under settings you can adj. how much power is used for GPS lock when plugged in or on battery, if you put this on the highest setting it will work everytime atleast mine did and my tablet was like many others with this problem i could see satelites but it wouldnt lock on. My acer did work when i first got it but after a few days it quit and for 2 months now i have been searchng for a fix and this seems to do the trick. I can get a lock anywhere anytime in about 10-20 seconds. The app is only free for 7 days but to buy it its pretty cheap it starts at around $10 but to have my GPS working man its sure is great and not to metion the GPS app itself isnt to bad it has some cool features. I hope this helps the people out there that was like me looking and looking for a solution and couldnt find anything and i hope it works for you as well as it did for me.

sje3156

Jan 15, 2012
Sorry guys i just seen th GPS sticky in the acer forum. i guess i should have at least looked aroud before i started posting i was just so happy i got mine to work cause i cant find any wal-mart around that have any instock (and there are 6 of them wil 25 miles in ever direction from me) that i can return it to.