Groundhog day with Iconia A500

Gismo

May 15, 2011
Got my A500 for a week now, but now I have run into a problem I haven´t seen before.
Let´s say I delite a file, or install an app. but when I turn OFF the A500 and then ON again, all the deleted files are back and the istalled app. are also gone. Only the apps installed before a specific date are still there.
Have tryed a Hardware reset, but not working.
Even tryed a factory data reset, but it´s all there when i turn the A500 on again.
Anybody had theis issue, or know what to do??:confused:

clinteas

Jul 1, 2011
I have the exact same problem, did you find a solution ? On factory reset the device just reboots and nothing happens. Apps you uninstall are back after reboot. It's Groundhog Day for sure !

compwiz1202

Nov 16, 2011
Got my A500 for a week now, but now I have run into a problem I haven´t seen before.
Let´s say I delite a file, or install an app. but when I turn OFF the A500 and then ON again, all the deleted files are back and the istalled app. are also gone. Only the apps installed before a specific date are still there.
Have tryed a Hardware reset, but not working.
Even tryed a factory data reset, but it´s all there when i turn the A500 on again.
Anybody had theis issue, or know what to do??:confused:
That happened to me with my droid charge, and all i could do is exchange it.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
I don't understand what the whole "groundhog day" thing means... can someone explain?
Is it a joke, virus... what?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

aztec3

Oct 28, 2011
I don't understand what the whole "groundhog day" thing means... can someone explain?
Is it a joke, virus... what?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

It's referring to the movie "Groundhog Day" starring Bill Murray. He ends up repeating the day (Groundhog Day) over and over again....until....well, watch the movie (no spoiler).

jdub922

Dec 25, 2011
Just a thought, could this be related to Auto Sync? I.E. you remove the file or app from the tab but next time it sync's with your PC the items get replaced. I had a similar issue with my iphone and itunes but then i took an arrow to the knee.

2000roadie

Aug 12, 2011
If the apps were preloaded on the tablet by Acer, you can't uninstall them. The only way would be for you to root the tablet. Before you decide to root though, read about rooting the tablet, both pros & cons, to make an educated decision. If not done correctly, you can brick the tablet. Just my 2¢.